Tough solar charging
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tough solar charging

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tough solar charging

Hi gshockers... One question regarding charging of tough solar gshocks. My Rising Red Mudman battery is in M level ever since i got them and i have been exposing it together with fellow Rangeman n The King (they are both H level btw) for 3 days now. Maybe about 4-5 hours each day but still it is in M level. The question is how long usually it takes to fully charge them? I did checked out the manual for the model but not really understand the table shown lol. Thanks in advance :D
    Name:  PICT_20140310_134709.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  238.3 KBName:  PICT_20140310_134728.JPG
Views: 606
Size:  258.8 KB

Re: Tough solar charging

I experienced a similar problem with my mudman (G9300-1dr). I exposed it to fluorescent light for several days and it still didn't reach H. Then I tried it to expose on the sunlight everytime I go to lunch and it reached H.

Exposing it to sunlight is still the best charging method compare to exposing it to the window. If you've activated the auto EL function, turn it off because it drains the battery too fast. From H to M just overnight.

Nothing beats direct sunlight in my experience.
    Down in the park with a friend called five

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. But won't exposing it to direct sunlight cause discoloration?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

just wear it outside on sunny days, i've learned that exposing them at the window it's a very inefficent way to charge them (maybe the glass act like a shield who knows).
    beside that, don't use the auto EL, do not play with it too much, just look at the time to save battery lol, that's why i pretty hate solars

I find that placing or wearing them outside in the shade or even on a cloudy day will have solars up to H in a few hours. I don't like to leave them in the window as it can get really hot (I've heard of people putting them in a glass of water in the window but this seems a bit ott to me). Just wear the watches outside as intended!

Tough solar charging

I have a few frogs that do the same thing. I wouldn't worry unless they drop to low shortly after charging. Even then I think all functions should be working.

If you're like me, though, I'm OCD about things like that and would rather it be full charge after charging.

Edit: I completely misread your post. Your watches aren't reaching full charge at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ohai; March 10th, 2014 at 15:24.

Ok thanks all for the input. To sum it up, place or wear in direct sunlight = good. Just exposing through window = not so good :D

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

You have to be aware that is doesn't need much to get from empty to Low... it takes a bit longer to get from Low to Medium. And it takes long time to get from Medium to High. When it will reach H, you have to charge it more, so it gets enough of light, it may jump back to M.

When I got my solar 5500, it arrived on M and it took it 2 weeks of cloudy November weather to get to H, I thought it will never happen. It takes time, that's all...
    Mike K likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuL11 View Post
    Ok thanks all for the input. To sum it up, place or wear in direct sunlight = good. Just exposing through window = not so good :D
    Exactly -- and to expand on that, here's the GW-9300 "charging chart" the way I think Casio should have explained it:

Name:  9300 charging.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  58.7 KB

In direct sunlight, it will take (on average) 2+16+5 or 23 hours to go from "almost dead" to "fully charged."

In sunlight through a window, it will take 6+79+21 or 106 hours to go from "almost dead" to "fully charged"

Cloudy light through a window will take 12+159+43 or 214 hours to go from "almost dead" to "fully charged."
    ZuL11 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information