? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing them??

Thread: ? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing them??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Emeritus

? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing them??

When you've charged up your tough solars, where do you let them sit when not in use to keep them charged up?

I like to put mine up on the microwave in my brightly lit kitchen. Seems to work fine as I have not seen the power level go down from full charge indication...even with heavy use overnight.

Re: ? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing th

Ones in "current rotation" get hung up by the curtains. The ambient light in the bedroom keeps the batteries topped off.

Ones that are not being worn are being stored in their boxes. They get taken out every week or so for a day's worth of window sill sitting. Not pictured above is the Raysman, which is currently in the living room... by the window sill!

WallaceD

buddha-g

Re: ? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing th

Timmy, you Led Zep, Frogman monster! From the Great White North and no mention of Rush whatsoever? Oh, shame, oh Canada!

Just playing with ya, friend! Nice watches!

Now go apologize to Geddy, Alex and Neil like a nice boy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: ? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing them??

Great question Tim!

Once mine are fully charged I leave them on top of a bookcase in my study. Plenty of lamp light and indirect sunlight.

I've heard that overexposure to direct sunlight can "fry" a solar. Anybody have any info about that?
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Mine all sit on my cruddy old dresser which is sort of next to a window. It's kinda dreary here today, but all my solars keep pretty much topped off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by buddha-g
    Timmy, you Led Zep, Frogman monster! From the Great White North and no mention of Rush whatsoever? Oh, shame, oh Canada!

Just playing with ya, friend! Nice watches!

Now go apologize to Geddy, Alex and Neil like a nice boy.
    Oh Baby, you really got that wrong...I'm a huge Rush fan, especially the early stuff. I must have played Hemispheres and 2112 to death when I was a kid. That stuff was deeply cool. I seen them in Cochrane Ontario when I was 10 or so. Max Webster opened for them and nearly blew them off the stage. :-D :-D Actually, Rush put on a good show, not that I could see much of them because of my size. I never really got into them much since Signals. In concert, they play the album cuts exactly the same way. No improvisation except for Neils drum solo in YYZ.....

...now Led Zeppelin...I seen them in concert in Detroit in '73. Completely blew me away. They never played the same song twice the same way. They took an album cut and turned it into a 27 minute epic!!...Masters of improvisation. That's why I dig Zep.

But, your right,...Neil, Geddy, Alex, please accept my apologies.

Isn't it a legal requirement that all Canucks like Rush?

Heh.

My favorite band is Rush, and I'm not Canadian. So there! I'm actually more of a fan of their post-Signals stuff. Grace Under Pressure and every album since are simply brilliant.

WallaceD

All is well... Im a huge Rush fan as well.. and Zep! And love the Grateful Dead as well! :)

I woudl have love to have seen Zepplin!

I pretty keep mine in a drawer, and when the power level goes down 1 notch, I put them on my dresser(or wear it), and in a day of 2 thay are fine again. The window sill is always there if I need it too.

Wink Re: ? for Tough Solar owners...Where do you park your solars when your not wearing th

I have a nice window sill on the 2nd floor. It's facing south and has sunshine from sunrise to sunset. I live in the suniest part of the Netherlands. In fact last week our country has had serious snow problems, except for our province. We only had loads of sun

Here you see a old pic of G's getting a tint in my window sill. I have a special crate where I store my collectors Tough Solars. Every once in a while I put those in this window sill.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information