Toughness tests
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By sdog
  • 3 Post By Time4Playnow
  • 2 Post By Mike K
  • 2 Post By starscream

Thread: Toughness tests

Toughness tests

I just saw the g-shock toughness tests and they have the hammer test, piston test, drop test, vibration test, shock test, ice test, and water test. I'm inviting the g-shock community (you guys) to think up some other tests of toughness and possibly even test their own watches.

Re: Toughness tests

Quote Originally Posted by LightningStrike32 View Post
    I just saw the g-shock toughness tests and they have the hammer test, piston test, drop test, vibration test, shock test, ice test, and water test. I'm inviting the g-shock community (you guys) to think up some other tests of toughness and possibly even test their own watches.
    But please don't let the original poster's name influence you in your choice of destructive test.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

I already did - used a g-shock when I used a hammer drill on concrete. Forgot I had the watch on, but it survived none the worse for wear, despite tons of vibrations traveling up my arms from the drill.

But seriously, I personally see no need to re-invent the wheel. I think Casio has the bases pretty well covered with their tests.
    Crater, Rocat and Jasabor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Start reading! https://www.google.com/search?q=site...f17+tough+test

Previous memorable "tests" that come to mind: thrown off a high-rise hotel's roof (the watch survived) and strapped to a baseball bat and slammed into a cinder block. (The cinder block won, the G-Shock definitely lost.)

G-Shocks are designed to survive a lot of abuse, BUT people can and do dream up excessive abuse and break their G's.
    Crater and soulbridgemedia like this.

Ok. I tried searching but I guess I just aren't very good at searching things up. Thanks

Mike K mentioned this one... it's my all time favourite torture test. lol

I would advise against doing these tests.. a lot of people come and post their broken Gs as a result of doing these tests.
    Crater and LankyOrangutan like this.

Ok. I tried searching but I guess I just aren't very good at searching things up. Thanks
    The secret to searching this forum: use Google, and "direct" it to search this forum!

Type "site:forums.watchuseek.com" plus your search terms -- the link above came by using "site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 tough test". (The "f17" in that example directs Google to search this Casio/G-Shock subforum; but leaving it out means that it will search ALL of WUS. Sometimes you'll want to search all of WUS, including this section's subforums like "Articles and Tutorials," but I usually start by including "f17" and then doing a broader search if necessary.)

This is from Buzzbait!? I thought he would know better. He has been gone for a long time. I hope he is better off than his G-9000

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    Mike K mentioned this one... it's my all time favourite torture test. lol

I would advise against doing these tests.. a lot of people come and post their broken Gs as a result of doing these tests.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Thread Information