Tried the Gulfman yesterday. Not impressed at all.

Thread: Tried the Gulfman yesterday. Not impressed at all.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Exclamation Tried the Gulfman yesterday. Not impressed at all.

Tried on the Gulfman yesterday. Not really impressed by the comfort level of this watch.

The dents on the strap tend to bite into my wrist like some kind of teeth and the strap was already pretty loose. I'm afraid my wrist may have marks after wearing it for awhile.

Anyone noticed this?

And the buttons feel kind of flimsy. Some how I feel, squarish buttons like these have a history of dropping off after some years.

And it didn't look as good on my wrists as a Mudman.
    Last edited by GeeBeeCee; September 22nd, 2007 at 10:49.

Re: Tried the Gulfman yesterday. Not impressed at all.

On the other hand the G-7700/7710 feels freaking awesome. I think this should be my next purchase.

The more I wear the G-7710 Kawasaki the more I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    Tried on the Gulfman yesterday. Not really impressed by the comfort level of this watch.

The dents on the strap tend to bite into my wrist like some kind of teeth and the strap was already pretty loose. I'm afraid my wrist may have marks after wearing it for awhile.

Anyone noticed this?

And the buttons feel kind of flimsy. Some how I feel, squarish buttons like these have a history of dropping off after some years.

If you need somebody to carefully deal with the offending watch, i'm sure i could arrange an environmentally friendly recycle service just for you ...............this is just one of the personal services i offer it involves nothing worse than sending the bad watch to me, then i wear it until it dies of natural causes. This service would be free of charge to you

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post

Anyone noticed this?

This is the main reason why I recommend the pathfinders, wrist comfort for the strap versions. I've never owned a resin-strapped G that was comfortable. the paw-1300 on strap otoh is extremely comfortable, thoughtful design, the strap pivots at lugs, the end of the strap has a notch that keeps it tight in the keeper. My wrist is 6.75" at the moment and comfort level is superb.

I've been eyeing the black version of that gulfman. I like the look and know what to expect re: comfort if I do go for it. It's sort of like exquisite torture -- the minimal discomfort you feel while wearing it reminds you of the potential discomfort to come as you go out there and ride the rapids, climb the rocks, jump the jumps etc

cheers
    Go Dortmund!

Maybe the Gulfman is a little over-rated. I would expect at least the same comfort and quality as you get with a Mudman. I think it looks nice, and I like the tide/moon graph, and I do plan on buying one. However, I'm holding off until I spot one at a decent price. About £30 sounds seems about right, as you can pick up a Mudman for that easily.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

I hated the straps on my Gulfman when I first got it. Really uncomfortable. Now that I've worn it a bit, it's ok. I don't think you can beat a Mudman for a comfy strap. I read in another thread that if you plonk it in hot/boiling water for a while it'll soften the straps. Give that a try, mate.

Wink Re: Tried the Gulfman yesterday. Not impressed at all.

I just ordered a G-9100 from HB a few hours ago. I actually expect it to wear like a G-9000 Mudman, but I am now curios how it will feel on my wrist. I'm still wearing a thick Double Velcro strap, in my opinion the most comfortable strap available (ask Stan2323).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    I just ordered a G-9100 from HB a few hours ago. I actually expect it to wear like a G-9000 Mudman, but I am now curios how it will feel on my wrist. I'm still wearing a thick Double Velcro strap, in my opinion the most comfortable strap available (ask Stan2323).

Cheers,

Sjors
    I though you had no money.

Wink Re: Tried the Gulfman yesterday. Not impressed at all.

Well, I thought a $69.- watch could do (and indeed, I have to be carefull the next month....again). I wanted this model from when it was launched, but there came a lot of other things up.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information