Trouble setting GW-5525A

Thread: Trouble setting GW-5525A

Trouble setting GW-5525A

I picked up a GW-5525A at Jcpenney today, and have a hell of a time getting it to set. I read the instructions and even called Casio for help and it still isn't set on the right time.
    I have my time set on NYC (I live in upstate NY), DST set to Auto, and the Auto Receive set to On.
    For whatever reason it is still showing my time as 1 hour behind. It displays the correct time when I turn the DST setting to On, but in the instructions it says the DST setting should be in Auto.
    Also, when I try to manually Receive it flashes ERR and 1-3 in the top right corner.

What in the world is going on???
    The lady at Casio said I should wait overnight and see if the auto receive will set it to the right time. Is she right, or is there something else I can do?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Trouble setting GW-5525A

I know I'd hate to wait with a new watch but I'd say give it a go auto syncing before getting to worried

I'm not certain but I think if you leave DST set on Auto it will stay one hour behind until it syncs over night and corrects for DST. I would turn DST to ON and leave it since that gives you the correct time. The watch should sync over night and since DST is On the time shouldn't change. The time should still be correct in the morning. Casio manuals can be confusing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine never manually syncs, but propped on the window overnight and it will.

Thanks a lot guys!

Twincity,

I'm going to leave it on Auto DST, since that is what it says to do in the manual. Your pretty sure it will be the right time in the morning, right?
    I guess the manual sync isn't all that effective. I'll wait until tomorrow morning and post back then.

yea mine NEVER, i mean NEVER manually syncs, not just the 5525 but all of my atomics, but syncs like a charm over night on auto. Leave it over night by the window, I'm sure your problem will be solved.

Its more fun and worth the wait for the first auto sync. My last one hadn't synced in 6 months when I first got her so I just set my home city and went to bed. The next day, all synced up and I was a happy boy! In fact I instantly bonded with the watch because of it. Gotta love the Atomic Solar G's.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPedersen View Post
    Its more fun and worth the wait for the first auto sync. My last one hadn't synced in 6 months when I first got her so I just set my home city and went to bed. The next day, all synced up and I was a happy boy! In fact I instantly bonded with the watch because of it. Gotta love the Atomic Solar G's.
    LOL, I'm not sure if my 5525 and I bonded or not, but it did auto sync overnight and is now right on time!

Thanks for your responses guys! It reassured me that everything was going to work out.

That's great. I hope you do bond with the watch.

Nice happy ending.

Thread Information