Trying to decide between a couple of models

Poll: Which to pick up first: Frogman or GW-A1000

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sedi

Thread: Trying to decide between a couple of models

Question Trying to decide between a couple of models

I have picked up quite a number of G's this month and I am looking to space out my future purchases over the next couple of months due to the prices of the models I am interested in. In the next month or so, when the announced releases start trickling into stores, I plan on picking up both rose gold GA110s and one higher end model next month. The I am already aware of how much the GA110s are going to run me so picking those up should not be an issue. For the higher end model that I want to pick up, I am thinking either a Frogman or one of the new GW-A1000s when they are finally released on the US market. Now at some point, I will have both a Frogman and a A1000, but what I need advice on is which order should I pick them up in. I was browsing online and I found 2 different variations of the Frogman that I am considering (GF8250 or GF1000) for very reasonable prices. Now I know how much the prices can fluctuate month to month and I want to do this the smart way. The A1000 that I am looking at is just the standard black and red version, so I know that it shouldn't not be as hard to find as the RAF or the blue and black version. Out of those choices, which one should I pick up first? Also, given the choice between the GF8250 or the GF1000, which one would you choose?

I appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer
    Last edited by jun0; August 26th, 2012 at 06:23.
    My Collection
    Citizen: Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition
    Nixon: 51-30 Chrono
    G-Shock: DW-6900 x3, DW-6930 (Basel) x1,G-001 x1, GA-100 x2, GA-110 x16 (2 Collabs: Maharishi & Eric Haze), GD-350 x2, GDF-100 x1, GD-X6900 x2, GR-7900 x1, GW-5510 x1, GX56 x2, Riseman G-9200 x2, Mudman G-9300 x2, G-9330 (Rising Red) x1, GW-9330 (Initial Blue) x1, Frogman GF-1000 x1, Gravity Defier GW-A1000 x2, GW-A1100 x1

Re: Trying to decide between a couple of models

Pick the Froggy first - Frogman prices know only one way - up. I like the looks of the GF-8250 but I think you can choose simply based on personal preference as you won't do anything wrong with getting either one.

cheers, Sedi
    G-Shock Absorber likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

I was just reconsidering this same question. In my opinion: the gw-a1000 is finally worldwide as of next month. That means readily available and maybe even price dropping. If there is/are any frogs you are scoping out, I am now saying to get the frog if you feel the timing is on your side. I'm thinking of holding off on my next aviators for this reasoning as well (and because LUW told me I had to get a frog next ).

My two cents.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    ...and because LUW told me I had to get a frog next ...
    You know I'm right .
    Seriously though, pretty soon the A1000 will be available EVERYWHERE in the next couple of months, but you can't be sure of availability of any of the Frog models. So get the Frog first and then the A1000.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

to me, true Gshockaholic always prefer digital over analog ........ money or no money

I would get a Frogman first if I were you - especially if there is a currently available model that really 'floats your boat' - after just checking ebay, it seems that the yellow GF 8250 - which was plentiful & comparatively cheap a few months ago (i.e., I paid $279 + shipping for mine), has now shot up in price and the cheapest I can find is $435 (shipping incl.) As for the GF1000, far as I can remember, I paid $325 incl. shipping for mine, and now the cheapest on ebay is $422 (free ship). These drastic price increases may well be due in part to fluctuating exchange rates, but as someone said before, Frogman prices only seem to go one way......

Last edited by garrapata; August 26th, 2012 at 18:41.

I appreciate all the responses. It looks like I will be picking up my Frogman first based off the feedback. Plus, since the GW-A1000 is not yet out in the US, I think it would be smart to wait for the release and watch the prices dip a little. Now I need to decide which Frog to go with. I am fond of 3 models in particular, the latest Grey/Blue 8250, the yellow 8250 or the black GF1000. I really like the size and shape of the 1000 but prefer the color schemes of the 8250. This is going to be a tough call.
    My Collection
    Citizen: Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition
    Nixon: 51-30 Chrono
    G-Shock: DW-6900 x3, DW-6930 (Basel) x1,G-001 x1, GA-100 x2, GA-110 x16 (2 Collabs: Maharishi & Eric Haze), GD-350 x2, GDF-100 x1, GD-X6900 x2, GR-7900 x1, GW-5510 x1, GX56 x2, Riseman G-9200 x2, Mudman G-9300 x2, G-9330 (Rising Red) x1, GW-9330 (Initial Blue) x1, Frogman GF-1000 x1, Gravity Defier GW-A1000 x2, GW-A1100 x1

Good decision. Now good luck with choosing which Frog to get.

Thread Information