Trying to be a "One-Watch Guy" again
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Trying to be a "One-Watch Guy" again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Since I got this G-2900 a few days ago, I got used to wearing digital again. I wore it 23/7 (took it off for showers, except after a workout)

I got attached to it quickly, using the multi-function alarms as reminders/schedules, e-DATA feature to help remember website passwords, timer to not burn things, stopwatch to time all manner of things.

Not only is a G-Shock convenient for its feature set, but also very comfortable. Most watches, I won't wear to bed, because they wind up sticking to my wrist and being uncomfortable by the morning. But a G-Shock, just loosened up a notch is just as comfortable as a well-designed analog watch with a broken-in leather strap. Not to mention probably being 100X more durable due to no moving parts. (at least the digitals)

Just for giggles, I wore it while working out one day this past week, thinking it was redundant, since the machines have timers on them. But one day, after running for an hour, I found that my G-Shock was 30 seconds faster than the built-in timer! Obviously, the run from some cheap timing circuit, rather than from quartz.

I wore this to court Wednesday under my suit. Guys, this is a cardinal sin in the watch world. But I figured "what the heck?" The suit sleeve will cover it up, so unless I check it in front of the judge, it won't make any difference. Even then, I don't think she would have given a hoot.

I was a real watch collector, I have about 30 of them, from all different genres. But I think I'm going to stick with this G as long as I can manage. Maybe forever? It's got me thinking of selling off the rest of my collection.
    Fer Guzman, GTR83, Chrisek and 2 others like this.
    -Jeremy
    6-3/4" (171 mm) wrist

Re: Trying to be a "One-Watch Guy" again

I am sort of in your same boat. I went from 25+ and 80-90% where g-shocks, to 10, and right now I am trying to go to 5. I have thought about going less than 5, but I haven't decided yet. I don't think I can do just one though. I want a g-shock, my nike running watch, and a dress watch. Not sure if I will go down to 3 though because I want 2 of my Gs and 2 dress watches, one quartz and one manual wind.

I think 10-12 is going to be the limit for me. I am working up to that though, as I've never had that many before. I'm at like 8 "real" watches now. We'll see how things progress.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sirgilbert357 View Post
    I think 10-12 is going to be the limit for me. I am working up to that though, as I've never had that many before. I'm at like 8 "real" watches now. We'll see how things progress.
    If you're still going up, then you're not even in sight of a limit yet. It is when you start trying to have FEWER watches than you already have that you are in sight of this.

I think Fer Guzman is probably right. To someone who has collected watches, it is nearly impossible to go down to just one watch. I think 3 is doable. That would be 1 G, 1 dress, 1 something else.

5 more doable. ;)
    Chrisek likes this.
    -Jeremy
    6-3/4" (171 mm) wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    If you're still going up, then you're not even in sight of a limit yet. It is when you start trying to have FEWER watches than you already have that you are in sight of this.

I think Fer Guzman is probably right. To someone who has collected watches, it is nearly impossible to go down to just one watch. I think 3 is doable. That would be 1 G, 1 dress, 1 something else.

5 more doable. ;)
    I feel like a total weirdo, but I have had to resort to making lists haha. I agree though it's when you have many you like and you have to get rid of pieces your really into but they just don't make the cut. I do have a friend who only wears a DW-5600C with everything including professional attire and it looks fine. I know I would keep my square and my running watch, and 2 dress watches. The 5th I don't need but it would be nice to keep a second g-shock.

The good thing is, you invest in better pieces and you don't spend too much money on buying and buying but MAN IS IT DIFFICULT

your post made me realize that I only need 3, 4 if I want to keep a very very nice dress watch.
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; December 15th, 2012 at 02:04.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    To someone who has collected watches, it is nearly impossible to go down to just one watch.
    It's in fact incompatible with human life.
    Fer Guzman and Chrisek like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Then I'll become a Five Watch Bear.

Been through the same thing, and that recent thread asking about the market value of a certain G-Shock got me thinking of letting it go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    LOL!!!
    Borealis Adraga
    AQ4020-54X / 03E
    GF-8251K, GMW-B5000D/TFC, GWF-D1000NV,
    IW356501
    MKII x HALO Airborne, PMWF Graywater GMT
    Oris Carl Brashear Bronze
    SBDX013, SBGA001, SPB089

116610LV, 116520

I haven't "topped out" yet, but i have realized i have some watches i simply don't care to wear and am moving on from them. At the same time i don't think i'm too far from my upper bound and start coming back down.
    Oddly enough, my GW5000 really has made some things obvious to me.
    Fer Guzman likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Is it possible, certainly not recommended.

Ebenke - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fer Guzman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information