turn on your DST people in europe! or just set ur vintage casios 1 hour ahead!

Thread: turn on your DST people in europe! or just set ur vintage casios 1 hour ahead!

turn on your DST people in europe! or just set ur vintage casios 1 hour ahead!

this night the time was adjusted to summer time again or daylight save time as they say.

so i think i know how sjors will spend his sunday today, hahaha, should take some time to set all the watches.

regards
    gerald

Re: turn on your DST people in europe! or just set ur vintage casios 1 hour ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by fonklover View Post
    so i think i know how sjors will spend his sunday today, hahaha, should take some time to set all the watches.
    /me => strike

Adjusted mine this night.
    I hate DST

Re: turn on your DST people in europe! or just set ur vintage casios 1 hour ahead!

I only have to set a handful of the 40, thank god. All the automatics are run down, most of the digitals are atomic G's, so that only leaves the odd Hamilton Khaki ETO, Citizen Orca or Calibre 2100.

I absolutely hate DST. It really throws me off. I feel weird for at least a week or two. The switch to DST is worse then the one to winter time in that regard.

I always get up at around dawn, so an hour really does have an impact: it's the difference between getting up in darkness, or waking up on a sunny morning. You feel like a time traveller for a few days, always one step behind the rest of the world... You get less sleep, breakfast tastes different, I feel less productive at work... like everything is rushing by me at light speed. Really annoying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: turn on your DST people in europe! or just set ur vintage casios 1 hour ahead!

I like DST, but I hate normal time. I like late light at night. But the change, specially the few days after DST starts are indeed awefull. I wish they made it normal time. I have only set my DB Frogman this afternoon. I am surrounded by atomic clocks and an atomic thermometer (it's almost 10ºC outside), so I have the right time around.

I will have to set quite a lot of watches back to DST.... but I don't feel like it now.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

i dont feel any effect about setting to dst, what is the problem? just go to bed one hour earlier today and its done, or just sleep one hour less and drink more coffee tomorrow.

i also love to have more light in the evening. they could set dst all year. today was such a great sunny day, and the sun almost shining till 19, and then in summer almost 21 is great.

My daily routine (if that isn't the wrong word...) varies by more than DST changes...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

i only change the watches i wear regularly, so only 8 or so will need adjusting. still a pain though.

Thread Information