Two cool "1JF" 6900s arrived!

Thread: Two cool "1JF" 6900s arrived!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two cool "1JF" 6900s arrived!

First, the GW-6900BC-1JF inspired by Archer. When I unboxed it, I thought the bracelet was a bit narrow, but then the thickness and balance and weight kicked in, and this piece now seems in a class by itself. I must say that very few watches of any price, auto, mechanical or quartz achieve this kind of great-looking stealth on a bracelet. And for this price, it's downright amazing! Sorry about the low-light photography. This fine watch deserves a better photo-shoot, for example, to bring out the crisp negative display, Mr. DeMille! I'll try to do that over the weekend.

Next, the Michael Lau "NY Fat Gardener" DW-6900SA-1JF, thanks to one of our fellow forumers here in New York, who has forgotten more about G-Shocks than I'll ever know. Sorry I don't have any good shots of the dial, but it is a regular positive display, dark-gray/green on a lighter background. It's got a face protector too! The backlight - I took a picture of the cool-spraypaint backlight figure, but had hardware problem with my camera, so the last image borrowed from the G-Share blog:

--Greg

Re: Two cool "1JF" 6900s arrived!

Really nice!! I love that bracelet, that alone is worth the extra doe!! Sweet pair!!
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

awesome pair. Thta is one of the sweetest EL ever.
    Couple of watches here and there

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice pick ups! Grats and enjoy'em.

Nice pieces, especially the classic LE.

NY-Fat 9600 always gets my vote, actually after a 3-month long search I just managed to score a BNIB 6900SA from a hard-core Japanese collector...shoulb be here in about a week or so.

6900SA is my second most preferred classic 6900, after the 6900BK Real Black.

The wait is killing me

Quote Originally Posted by GregNYC View Post
    First, the GW-6900BC-1JF inspired by Archer. When I unboxed it, I thought the bracelet was a bit narrow, but then the thickness and balance and weight kicked in, and this piece now seems in a class by itself. I must say that very few watches of any price, auto, mechanical or quartz achieve this kind of great-looking stealth on a bracelet. And for this price, it's downright amazing! Sorry about the low-light photography. This fine watch deserves a better photo-shoot, for example, to bring out the crisp negative display, Mr. DeMille! I'll try to do that over the weekend.

Next, the Michael Lau "NY Fat Gardener" DW-6900SA-1JF, thanks to one of our fellow forumers here in New York, who has forgotten more about G-Shocks than I'll ever know. Sorry I don't have any good shots of the dial, but it is a regular positive display, dark-gray/green on a lighter background. It's got a face protector too! The backlight - I took a picture of the cool-spraypaint backlight figure, but had hardware problem with my camera, so the last image borrowed from the G-Share blog:

hey,

great watch... but............. Is is it just me or do you wear your watch band kinda tight???

I always put comfort before looks...

anyway,
    southpaw

love dat bracelet!

Greg,

Congrats on the two new G's

I felt the same way when I saw the width of the 6900 bracelet but after wearing it for awhile it felt just right! And I agree that its a pretty darn impressive watch for the price!

Now you need to add some color to your collection, maybe something in a funky lime green

Have a great weekend

Dave
    Dave

Hey Greg, it's great to see that your GW-6900BC-1JF arrived safely. I'm glad that you are finding the bracelet to your liking. The all black stealth look of this watch is outstanding.

Enjoy....

No, when I'm really wearing the watch I don't wear the band tight. Might have been just that shot or the humidity or something. I try to wear G's as loose as possible without flopping around.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    hey,

great watch... but............. Is is it just me or do you wear your watch band kinda tight???

I always put comfort before looks...

--Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information