The two GA-700s that Casio should have designed (IMHO). My first Ana-G mods w/ real world pix.
Like Tree13Likes
  • 12 Post By m1ckDELTA
  • 1 Post By ccm123

Thread: The two GA-700s that Casio should have designed (IMHO). My first Ana-G mods w/ real world pix.

The two GA-700s that Casio should have designed (IMHO). My first Ana-G mods w/ real world pix.

Seems obvious to me (no Photoshop this time) but...

Name:  GA700-1B Real Posi Display Mod Resize.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  139.3 KB---------------Name:  GA700-1A Real Strap & Display Mod Resize.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  195.1 KB

I just think these look more "right" after modding. Mileage always varies, though.

BTW, switching the modules and replacing the straps took all of 15 minute and was shockingly easy.
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; September 14th, 2017 at 22:51.
    jamsie, grinta, stockae92 and 9 others like this.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: The two GA-700s that Casio should have designed (IMHO). My first Ana-G mods w/ real world pix.

Looks nice.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Re: The two GA-700s that Casio should have designed (IMHO). My first Ana-G mods w/ real world pix.

The top one is the exact mod I was thinking of trying. You have good taste!

Did you paint or switch the buttons and was it real difficult either way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    The top one is the exact mod I was thinking of trying. You have good taste!

Did you paint or switch the buttons and was it real difficult either way?

Top one? The pics are side by side on my monitor. Do you mean the red or black one? They're shots of two different watches, not before and after of the same watch.

It's a simple module switch between both and then a strap replacement for the red one, nothing complicated. The movement is part of the module so it's one piece and there are slots in the case and guides on the side of the module to insure it goes in straight. Just unscrew the backs of both watches and swap the modules. It really is that easy. I would say that switching out the black band for red was more difficult than the module swap. The straps are a PITA to to install.

I didn't switch or paint any buttons although I'm thinking about ordering some red buttons from pacparts to replace the black ones. It could be overkill, though.

As an aside....

Can you imagine it with yellow instead of red accents?

"Oh my."
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; September 15th, 2017 at 03:23.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Sorry, yes the black one. On tapatalk it shows up first. Either way I was trying to decide if I wanted to do this mod and you may have just helped me decide. Modules I have done a number of times, just was curious about the light button.

Great job either way. I am not a big "colorful" watch guy, mainly stick to all blacked out models with the occasional splash of color, but the red one looks great too.

Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    Sorry, yes the black one. On tapatalk it shows up first. Either way I was trying to decide if I wanted to do this mod and you may have just helped me decide. Modules I have done a number of times, just was curious about the light button.

Great job either way. I am not a big "colorful" watch guy, mainly stick to all blacked out models with the occasional splash of color, but the red one looks great too.

I thought I might flip the black one but after the swap I like the utilitarianism of the black case with positive display, silver hands, and silver hash marks for numbers. It doesn't get any more legible IMO. The all black GA-700, along with my GD-350-1B, will get a lot of wrist time when something colorful might not be as appropriate (it happens occasionally).

Thread Information