Two new watches to my collection, need a tip or two on photography i think!!

Thread: Two new watches to my collection, need a tip or two on photography i think!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two new watches to my collection, need a tip or two on photography i think!!

My new Riseman and my new Pro Trek
    Last edited by paulbriant; April 23rd, 2009 at 20:43. Reason: New picture

Re: Two new watches to my collection, need a tip or two on photography i think!!

you have to try to get your camera into macro mode (usually a small flower symbol) and this will allow the camera to focus closer.

if your camera doesn't have this feature, you'll just have to move the camera back from the watches.

Re: Two new watches to my collection, need a tip or two on photography i think!!

Quote Originally Posted by maique View Post
    you have to try to get your camera into macro mode (usually a small flower symbol) and this will allow the camera to focus closer.

if your camera doesn't have this feature, you'll just have to move the camera back from the watches.

Macro mode!! thanks alot................................ posted another pic, better, but not as good as i want
    Last edited by paulbriant; April 23rd, 2009 at 20:44.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If your camera produces that in good light and with steady hands then the optics is broken and you need to get a new camera.

However if it is in the wrong mode and is in some kind of night scene mode then that explains it. Try selecting a scene mode ( light bulb symbol) for indoor photo or sun symbol for outdoor photo in sunlight. Also make sure to set the White balance correctly for color accuracy.

If the exposure/shutter time is too long it can get very hard to get a sharp picture if you are not using a Tri Pod. So select a mode with short shutter speed...

Another thing to think about is the focus method selected, for watch photography you would want a center focus point rather then multi focus...

Another trick is to take the photo forma little further away and hope it will get better focus, I can see that the background in your pictures appear to be sharp while the watch is out of focus. So it seems that your camera ha s bad focal range and needs some distance to the object... try to be atleast 50 cm or 2 feet away and see if it gets better.

What camera are you using?
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; April 23rd, 2009 at 23:07.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

I agree, make sure the camera is in macro mode and you have a steady hand (or place the camera on a tripod or stack of books and use the timer). Interested in seeing more pics of the Pro-Trek, that's a new one to me. Reminds me of the old G-Shock Skyforce!
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

I thought there was something wrong with my eyes! :oops:

Congrats on the new watches.

You and me both buddy, HELP, give us some tips to take better pics!

I did some test shots today. No matter how much sunlight was available and how hard I tried, taking shots indoors sucked.

Now, when I moved outdoors, i got some stunning pics.

Another tip I got was that you need the light to hit the watch at an angle (from the side), you dont want light hitting the watch directly.

these two tips saved my arse cheers, God bless all the tipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

What camera are you using?

Its a Canon SX110, only got it a week ago, not really into photography, just wanted something to take a few snaps, every now and again! Tried a few more pictures just now, seemed alot better this time round. Here's one

Paul
    Last edited by paulbriant; April 24th, 2009 at 14:46.

There you go
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information