Uk gadget show
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Uk gadget show

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Uk gadget show

Wrecking some watches on tv now .... Gw-3000 among them

Driven over, cooked in soup! Now at a range taking a bullet!

Re: Uk gadget show

Would like to watch it, is there any chance?
    Have a great day!

Not that good, killed 5 minutes of the show - tested watches by driving other them, all worked. Dropped in cooking soup ... All worked then all shot!

A big watch .... Able to withstand 20,000 depth won! Rest shot through.

On uk channel 5 if you can get on net.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty crap really - apart from the obligatory shots of Pollyanna jumping up and down as usual not wearing much - a link is here if you can see if outside the UK (or look for a UK proxy) - 5FWD - Episode 4: New York video from The Gadget Show - it was at the end of a 1hr program - or approx 36mins into the video sans-ads.

If they'd tried dropping them from a skyscraper of the statue of liberty then it might have been a test. It was 2 simple things and one impossible thing except if the watch is built for the pressures @ 20,000ft (and even on that the glass cracked).
    Last edited by MDPlatts; May 17th, 2012 at 00:52.

Really boring test! The other watches included the Lumonox OD Military, Timex Expedition, Ballistic Extreme, and the £3000 CX Swiss Military (the one that survived the bullet!)

Use to watch the show religiously, but since they dropped Suzi Perry, I hanven't watched an episode since

Name:  2359.jpg
Views: 8515
Size:  33.4 KB
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Robdd1 View Post
    Now at a range taking a bullet!
    Made me think of this:

Even though I own a Reactor Fallout with which I'm very happy, I still think the video is pretty silly. I mean how is your watch going to take a bullet to the back of the case while it's on your wrist unless... A: The bullet passes through your wrist from the other side first, in which case the watch didn't really help you much, or B: You're shot by an armed flea which crawled between your skin and the back of your watch, in which case who is arming the fleas and why?

The watch on the Gadget Show actually took the bullet on the front glass! It is hugely thick, much thicker than any G Shock I've ever seen...

Name:  CX-SWISS-MILITARY-20000-FEET-CASEBAND.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  76.7 KB
    Last edited by StephenWatch; May 17th, 2012 at 11:20.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Really boring test! The other watches included the Lumonox OD Military, Timex Expedition, Ballistic Extreme, and the £3000 CX Swiss Military (the one that survived the bullet!)

Use to watch the show religiously, but since they dropped Suzi Perry, I hanven't watched an episode since

Name:  2359.jpg
Views: 8515
Size:  33.4 KB

They dropped Suzi?! WHY?!!!!!
    Regards ​Lee

Breitling
    Super avenger
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 45.5 Black
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 45.5 Orange
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date Gulf Edition

Quote Originally Posted by del996 View Post
    They dropped Suzi?! WHY?!!!!!
    They also dropped Jon Bentley, I like him too, but obviously not for the same reasons as I loved Suzi I have no idea why the show has been reformatted, but I just can't get into the new 'world tour' theme. In the olden days, they use to test gadgets that were attainable, now they do jet packs, £20,000 bikes etc. Not for me anymore, though if they bought back Suzi, they could test anything they wanted - I'd watch!!

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    They also dropped Jon Bentley, I like him too, but obviously not for the same reasons as I loved Suzi
    I'm glad you explained it.
    StephenWatch likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information