UK tough Solar owners, a quick question.

Thread: UK tough Solar owners, a quick question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK tough Solar owners, a quick question.

Recently I have increased my "wolfpack" (hangover reference for those who like Zach Galifianakas?) to 4 and well, the solar has not been getting as much wrist time as usual and has dropped to medium.

I am looking for opinions on whether it is me "neglecting" it or whether this time of year (darkening), combined with a-el leads to M and even L levels of charge.

Any input welcome...

Fred

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: UK tough Solar owners, a quick question.

yeah, the old problem: days are getting shorter, nights and shadows getting longer, the angle of sun is getting smaller and because of wet and cold, the clothes are covering up our wrists

still, the best you can do if you don't wear the watch - put it facing south-east to south on a window sill, because no matter how flat the sun will go, it still delivers more energy than any artificial light source.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks for the swift reply cal..45.
    I will sun them tomorrow and report back...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I used to find that with my GW-056E. Strangely my Skyhawk A-T only ever goes to M very very rarely compared to the G-Shock. Definitely a day on the windowsill goes a long way with Tough Solar...!
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by coombsfh View Post
    I will sun them tomorrow and report back...
    take your time. it can take several days before the solar battery is charged fully again, especially at this time of the year and you mentioned it drops sometimes to low.

don't let the battery indicator fool you, it is only a very rough estimation, no more. it can show you "H" but the watch is still only filled up to 60-70% because it rather calculates the voltage of the battery (2.3v) than the capacity (18mah if it is a CTL1616). to make sure it is completely charged, a few days of good, sunny weather are required, if it is cloudy all the time it can even take one to two weeks (if it was drained bad).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    take your time. it can take several days before the solar battery is charged fully again, especially at this time of the year and you mentioned it drops sometimes to low.

don't let the battery indicator fool you, it is only a very rough estimation, no more. it can show you "H" but the watch is still only filled up to 60-70% because it rather calculates the voltage of the battery (2.3v) than the capacity (18mah if it is a CTL1616). to make sure it is completely charged, a few days of good, sunny weather are required, if it is cloudy all the time it can even take one to two weeks (if it was drained bad).

cheers
    Very interesting that... thanks.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

I will second Johnny Blaze on that.

Also, considering my line of work at the moment (late nights, early mornings and indoors a lot of the time) it is barely surprising that they are not at full power; especially considering that it has been relatively cold and exceedingly moist the past few days!

My solar powered watches are always put on a table near a window facing south. That works fine for both my tough solar Casios and eco-drive Citizens.

During winter hikes I put them on top of my gloves. A G-Shock doesn't care about cold and snow. :)

Weather yesterday morning was good, evening and night was pants! Sunny morning in London though! I should take advantage ;)
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

My M5600 stays on high all the time regardless of the weather. I always wear it though. Don't use the auto EL though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information