Unbelievable deal for G1000-1AER on the Bay UK

Thread: Unbelievable deal for G1000-1AER on the Bay UK

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Unbelievable deal for G1000-1AER on the Bay UK

Argos clearance on Ebay UK are selling the G-1000-1AER with BLACK face at an unbelievable price of £35.00 plus £2.99 shipping. Got mine today and have to say its better quality than my mudman and gulfman. Comfortable resin strap with double tang buckle. The G1000 is at UK jewellers for £130. At £37.99 I just could not resist - great addition to Gshock collection. module 5034

Re: Unbelievable deal for G1000-1AER on the Bay UK

Link?

I couldn't find the seller.
    Matt

We've got a thread about this already, but it hasn't been yet clear which dial/face is on offer. Could you please post a pic of yours?

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/hea...er-442108.html
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here we go...

CASIO G-SHOCK CHRONOGRAPH WATCH NEW on eBay (end time 13-Sep-10 09:43:25 BST)

The picture features a white dial, but the description says that the color of the dial is black. There are 438 left as I type this so those of you who are considering it, you have plenty of time to check with Argos.
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

I've asked the seller what colour the face is twice now, no response.

He apparently has 438 in stock still, but I'm sure there were about 5 more earlier. Tempted to take a chance on it; the OP on this thread says it's got a black face, so does the description in the listing.
    'I never done it'

Well, the toss of a coin decided it (ever read The Diceman?). It came up heads, so I've 'bought it now', with the proviso attached that I want a black one or nothing at all.

I did have to toss the coin twice to get the right answer...
    'I never done it'

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I've asked the seller what colour the face is twice now, no response.
    That is bad customer service.

Being Argos, if one wanted the black dial version and the dial turned out to be white then it wouldn't be a problem returning it with the pretext that the watch was described as having a black dial.

Their returns policy states: A full refund of the order total will be processed and The Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs and insurance.

It wouldn't hurt mentioning this in the checkout as well, just to make sure...

(BTW, I have no connexion with Argos whatsoever, just being helpful)
    Last edited by Txemizo; September 3rd, 2010 at 01:11.
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

Quote Originally Posted by Txemizo View Post
    That is bad customer service.
    Argos? Customer service? Have you been in one of their shops???

When they eventually get your item(s) out of the dumb-waiter, they put it on a shelf right in front of you. Then leave it there. Then wander off to do something essential like retrieve their stapler from the adjacent till or look at the labels on the other stuff on the shelf for the 3rd/4th/5th time.

I might be taking a watch-sized box back to the post office Monday morning

EDIT: Oh, and yes I mentioned the dial colour in the checkout 'message to seller' section.
    'I never done it'

Argos? Customer service? Have you been in one of their shops???

When they eventually get your item(s) out of the dumb-waiter, they put it on a shelf right in front of you. Then leave it there. Then wander off to do something essential like retrieve their stapler from the adjacent till or look at the labels on the other stuff on the shelf for the 3rd/4th/5th time.

I might be taking a watch-sized box back to the post office Monday morning

EDIT: Oh, and yes I mentioned the dial colour in the checkout 'message to seller' section.
    Lol I have indeed, but I can see they carry their attitude wherever they sell.

All I can say is, good luck, and I don't mean it in a cynical way. If you have already bought it, you are still in time to specify the color of the dial in a message to them, it will also help you in the future should the watch turned out to be white and you wished to return it. Keep us posted!

A deadly accurate description.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information