Unboxing a AMW-710-1AV Marine Gear (Picture heavy)
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Unboxing a AMW-710-1AV Marine Gear (Picture heavy)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unboxing a AMW-710-1AV Marine Gear (Picture heavy)

My first unboxing and review.

I was looking for a new Diver style watch. My criteria was that it had to have alarms. I needed a minimum of two alarms, but more is better. I wanted a long CDT with repeat and STW as well. Somehow my Orange Monster, although great, was coming up short on those features.

After trolling ebay, Amazon, and Google for old WUS threads, I came across a post from Sedi about his AM-707 and similar models. I looked up the models he named and liked what I saw in the AMW-710-1AV. There are other colors of this model, black (mine) with resin strap, black with stainless steel band and a white faced blue bezel with white resin and a blue bezel blue face on stainless.

The watch is all polished stainless steel, find that in a G for $43.00 and has a long strap.

The features are great: 3 alarms and hourly signal, alarm 1 can be a snooze or daily, the other two are just daily alarms, it. A 24 STW, 24 CDT with auto repeat! Moon/tide phase not needed but nice to have. Dual time can be set to ANY time you want. It is not driven by the main time, it's my first watch that does that. Also time zones are on the half hour. Current time shown in all modes due to analog hands. Current time is shown in CDT on lcd when in use, but not in STW on the lcd.
    The watch has serious heft to it at 91 grams. The stainless case is mirror polished and very good looking.

Now the cons.

Typical Casio Lume; weak. It has one of the smallest lcd screens I've seen (Sedi, you were right about that). The lcd is NOT illuminated but dual led's at 3 and 9 light up the analog hands very well. You will not be able to use the lcd screen in the dark. Other than Cal.45 (military) I do not know who would. The analog hands do not auto adjust like the AQS 810/810 when you set digital time but it does sync up when you adjust the hands. Also adjusting the hands is agonizingly SLOW. But that will only be done 2x per year! The hands also do not go counter-clockwise like the 800/810 series when time setting is being performed.

Overall I am happy with the watch. I kind of has a analog G-Lide theme to it, basically the same feature set, but in an analog format.

So without further fanfare, it arrived today.

This picture was posted already in WRUW this afternoon as a teaser.

Packaged pretty good

I'm so used to black boxes from Casio I was surprised the box was white. Model and module numbers

Brand spanking new

Different watch stand

Still has the protective film on the crystal, BTW it's mineral glass

She's coming along nicely so far.

The underside of the strap carried the watch face theme of "waves" nicely.

The strap and lugs integrate nicely together.

Watch case back. All stainless steel!

Side shot

Top down view. A very three dimensional watch face.

And Wrist shot. Notice the wave theme on the face that carries over to the strap underside. The lcd screen looks weak but it is not.

How it sits on the wrist.

Buckle and strap

Blurry shot I know but I wanted to show how the crystal is flat with the bezel. No protection, but it's not a G.

Attempted lume shot. It's a bad photo I know.

Comparison photos of some watches for size

With my MTD-1010

Blurry (sorry) photo of the 710 and my 270

Let me know what you think.

Have a great day,
    Last edited by Rocat; April 26th, 2014 at 23:58. Reason: More pictures
    greg1491, LukCook, Iyonk and 3 others like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Re: Unboxing a AMW-710-1AV Marine Gear (Picture heavy)

Good choice Rocat! I bought my (blue version) 8 years ago in Colombia, still with me after few rough adventures.

Name:  DSCN0519.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  177.1 KB

Best regards!
    Iyonk, Rocat and Piowa like this.
    GW-3500B, G-9300, G-5600, GD-350-1, DW-6900B.

Laughing Re: Unboxing a AMW-710-1AV Marine Gear (Picture heavy)

Nice watch;congras !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome Post Rocat!

i like this model alot... i've saw one in my local mall, but the price is twice from what you can get in US thru amazon...

i love all this casio, the features are great and the mineral glass and stainless body is a BIG PLUS!... the only thing that make me hard to pull the trigger is the custom band.
    i'm hard on resin band and it would be impossible for me to find replacement latter.. (i have to ask a family member in US for replacement bezel and traps for my DW-5600... so it aint easy for me)

enjoy the great casio buddy! and thanks for all the pics!

Cool looking piece ! congrats on the purchase.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

good looking watch. Thumbs up! I am thinking about one of these but cant decide between bracelet/white markers or rubber/orange markers
    Last edited by steve399; April 27th, 2014 at 14:17.
    Steve in Florida, USA

Was never a fan of dress watches until I found mine this on the side of an busy expressway. Now I'm a fan of dress items :X
    [pic deleted by moderator - see forum rule #8]
    Last edited by Sedi; April 28th, 2014 at 02:36.

I had one briefly and can say it is a looker and wears well. What spoilt it a little for me was the hands. I felt they were a little clumsy looking. A small detail tho. Otherwise a lot of watch for buttons. It's metal for plastic prices.

(my good wife found out I'd ordered it during a ban so it had to go back. I still have the word 'doofus' on my forehead).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Thanks Iyonk. I figure when the band wears out----or sooner, it will go on a Zulu (orange, orange/black stripe, or black).

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Awesome Post Rocat!

i like this model alot... i've saw one in my local mall, but the price is twice from what you can get in US thru amazon...

i love all this casio, the features are great and the mineral glass and stainless body is a BIG PLUS!... the only thing that make me hard to pull the trigger is the custom band.
    i'm hard on resin band and it would be impossible for me to find replacement latter.. (i have to ask a family member in US for replacement bezel and traps for my DW-5600... so it aint easy for me)

enjoy the great casio buddy! and thanks for all the pics!

The white would probably be easier to read at a glance. But I do not do white watches.

Quote Originally Posted by steve399 View Post
    good looking watch. Thumbs up! I am thinking about one of these but cant decide between bracelet/white markers or rubber/orange markers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information