UNBOXING: GD-100PS-3 G-Man!! (& Cognac's over-dued self-intro)
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: UNBOXING: GD-100PS-3 G-Man!! (& Cognac's over-dued self-intro)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture UNBOXING: GD-100PS-3 G-Man!! (& Cognac's over-dued self-intro)

Hi everyone! Before I show you guys my latest acquisition, I would like to do a short self introduction which is a little over dued. You guys must be wondering in the midst of last month, who is this Cognac guy? Where the hell did he come from? So here it is:

I am from Singapore, a small sunny island just to the south of Malaysia, and we experience summer all year long. Of course there are rainy seasons and all, but the temperature basically ranges from 25 to 32 degree Celsius all year long. We are a multi-racial society with Chinese, Malays, and Indians making up bulk of the population (I shall not go into history as to why is it so). English is Singaporeans' first language, no matter what race we are. For myself, I'm Chinese, going on 31. I started having an interest in watches just a few months back. Well, I didn't start off being infatuated with Gs instantly. My first timepiece that sparkled my love for watches was actually a Diesel DZ4243, purchased at Century 21 in NYC. I realized I couldn't take my eyes off it. And all of a sudden, just hours after the purchase, I had this insatiable urge to own another beautiful watch. Shortly after, I was on the constant prowl for information online about watch mechanics, brands, forums, online shops etc; basically everything to do with watches. Slowly, I found out, amidst a typical watch retail shop display cabinet, what kind of watches my eyes tend to veer towards. And then of course, slowly but surely, I found my love. lol. Oh btw, I am a purist collector mostly. I know a lot of people frown upon it, having the mindset "enjoy it, wear it." Of course I do wear a selected few, but those that I do not wear, I upkeep them immaculately (let's say it involves from time to time, a delicate blower/duster, and some cloths meant for glasses, and extra care not to land a single fingerprint). I enjoy the process of keeping them pristine, so who's to judge aye? I do not plan to sell any of my Gs for a profit, and the only time I'll sell them is when any piece fell out of favor, or if ever someone offers me a preposterously exorbitant amount for them. Well, if that happens, at least you are assured my Gs are impossibly well looked-after. lol.

Anyway, I'm still pretty new to WUS, to f17; still tryin' to learn the ropes. So I hope fellow 'senior' G-Shockers bears with me if I ever display tinges of "noobness" or ignorance lol. But I do know that there are a few experienced members (e.g., Kronos, Sjors, lvt, LUW, Sedi) from whom I have the pleasure of learning more about G-Shocks from, just by their valuable inputs in threads. Of course, there are also many other members that I had fun 'conversing' with. So all in all, it's all good in here, and I look forward to contributing more to WUS f17. Long live G-Shockers! =D

Okay, gonna keep this un-boxing really short, because I remembered there is another one by someone else. Tried to do an advance search but can't seem to find it. Anyway, I just like to do some un-boxing and share it =). As you all know by now, I live in Singapore. I was searching for this GD-100PS for quite some time. Really really wanted it. Found a few sellers, both online and retail shops, locally and internationally, but never one that will lose it at a price I will dive in for. So just a week ago, I was heading to Frankfurt and with a twist of luck, I managed to find a seller on eBay, selling the boxset at a price I'm willing to fork out for (still a tad ex though), and he only ships to certain EU countries. Initially he didn't wanna ship to hotels after bad experiences, but I assured him that the one I'm putting up in is very reputable, and I'll be just right in time to receive it. So, I got his trust, and I got a deal. =) So cut the crap, here are some pictures taken in the hotel room (apologies for the bad lighting and quality; photos taken using my phone):

Came in a pretty huge box like this:
    Name:  php1lV9lEPM.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  124.9 KB

Pretty loosely-protected and could be better if you'd ask me, but really not a big deal to me anyway, as long as e item is not damaged:
    Name:  phpyO7Y68PM.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  138.5 KB

Tadaa~~~~~ (same like other G-Man sets, pretty disappointed with the packaging. Casio could have done so much better than this type of flimsy getup. Simply do not understand):
    Name:  php8GvQc7PM.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  155.5 KB

G-Man and the accompanying stand:
    Name:  phpfHgNnvPM.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  125.1 KB

The beloved acquisition:
    Name:  phpoEuVcPPM.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  121.4 KB

All 4 A,B,C,D buttons are of different colors, so are the straps:
    Name:  php1PJTkkPM.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  132.8 KB

Black buckle. Beautiful:
    Name:  phpqsD9BvPM.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  117.6 KB

Typical 4-screw caseback. Nothing unusual:
    Name:  phpVNIjvVPM.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  131.6 KB

Super LED shot 1:
    Name:  phpT82RORPM.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  101.6 KB

Super LED shot 2:
    Name:  phpFjClx6PM.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  128.5 KB

Money-shot 1:
    Name:  phpgBEhesPM.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  107.8 KB

Money-shot 2:
    Name:  phpTi809HPM.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  120.6 KB

Really love this watch and the camo theme. Was in the army for 2.5 years, Armour division. This watch would have been the perfect companion for my wrist (aesthetically speaking of course) back then. Hope you guys enjoyed this!

PS: For those who own this watch; anybody notice that the resin has a smoother texture and feels softer than the typical GD-100s and GA-100s, 110s, 120s etc? I don't know whether is it just me, but I'm pretty damn sure they ain't the same though...hmm...
    Last edited by Cognac0113; August 14th, 2013 at 10:01.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Re: UNBOXING: GD-100PS-3 G-Man!! (& Cognac's over-dued self-intro)

Congrats Cognac, not usually a fan of the GD-100s but it looks great in this colour way. Enjoy. Will you be wearing this one or admiring it?
    Cognac0113 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MCZK View Post
    Congrats Cognac, not usually a fan of the GD-100s but it looks great in this colour way. Enjoy. Will you be wearing this one or admiring it?

I'm a big fan of GD-100s. lol. Right now, I'm enjoying keeping it pristine. =)
    MCZK likes this.
    My Current Beater:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

Interesting G-shock watch, the backlight is awesome
    Cognac0113 likes this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Wow awesome Cognac0113. Super catch and super clear shots. Really like the color. Hard to find your watch. I think my dealer holds one but won't sell it and I totally understand Wear it in good health and enjoy.

Watch from my dealer ( display )
    Crater and Cognac0113 like this.

Congrats on the watch! I have the same one, got it from singapore, orchard road, from one of the dept stores there, they had a 15% sale going on at the time, this was march last year. I don't seem to wear it that much though, also i think i misplaced the stand for the G-man, so he keeps falling over.

Nice intro as well, how did you come up with the Cognac name? Big Cognac drinker? I love the name, am a huge Cognac drinker.. mostly Hennessy, i have even been there for the VIP house tours (Henny, Remy, Martell etc..) and i got the Hennessy logo tattooed on my arm while i was there. Am Cognac-VSOP on PS3 PSN if anyone wants to add me. Haha.
    Cognac0113 likes this.

Cool! I have bought the same set a few months back.. Had to have it because I wanted that little G-Shock man.. turned out, it's also a nice watch that comes with it!
    Cognac0113 likes this.

Welcome cognac and great set to get. I've always thought that was a good looking gd100, and g-men just rock anyway. Whether you wear it or admire it, I hope you enjoy it! :beer:

sent with aloha
    Cognac0113 likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Wow awesome Cognac0113. Super catch and super clear shots. Really like the color. Hard to find your watch. I think my dealer holds one but won't sell it and I totally understand Wear it in good health and enjoy.

Watch from my dealer ( display )
    You have to buy this Tom, one and only opportunity lol

Cognac, welcome to the forum Very nice intro, good reading. Enjoy wearing the watch, great looking resin and such strong EL, great choice.
    Cognac0113 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    Congrats on the watch! I have the same one, got it from singapore, orchard road, from one of the dept stores there, they had a 15% sale going on at the time, this was march last year. I don't seem to wear it that much though, also i think i misplaced the stand for the G-man, so he keeps falling over.

Nice intro as well, how did you come up with the Cognac name? Big Cognac drinker? I love the name, am a huge Cognac drinker.. mostly Hennessy, i have even been there for the VIP house tours (Henny, Remy, Martell etc..) and i got the Hennessy logo tattooed on my arm while i was there. Am Cognac-VSOP on PS3 PSN if anyone wants to add me. Haha.

Actually not a very big Cognac drinker. I do more beer, comparatively lol. I just very much prefer cognac to whiskey/whisky, and since Beer0113 sounds pretty lame imho, so yep, my nick is borned. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    Cool! I have bought the same set a few months back.. Had to have it because I wanted that little G-Shock man.. turned out, it's also a nice watch that comes with it!
    ^5!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Welcome cognac and great set to get. I've always thought that was a good looking gd100, and g-men just rock anyway. Whether you wear it or admire it, I hope you enjoy it! :beer:

sent with aloha
    Thanks a lot! Enjoy your Gs too! =)
    My Current Beater:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information