Unboxing: GD400HUF-1 + Hybrid (some will say ruined) GD400HUF-1 & GD400-9
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Unboxing: GD400HUF-1 + Hybrid (some will say ruined) GD400HUF-1 & GD400-9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unboxing: GD400HUF-1 + Hybrid (some will say ruined) GD400HUF-1 & GD400-9

Ok - I expect to take some heat for doing this so please feel free to let me have it. I am interested in everyone's opinion and feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Recently I ordered and received a GD400-9. I really liked the way Casio rolled with the threaded pins instead of spring bars to hold on the band. And I really liked the band itself (green and textured on the outside kinda like cloth). I also really liked the clear and crisp display with slightly bolder digits than most Gs. I don't like the bullbars so I removed them. But I favor the positive gray display over ones with some color like this GD400-9. Its kinda greenish and has good contrast with the black digits and I like it fine but favor the gray display. So when I saw the HUF colab version coming I just had to have it. I am not a big fan of the HUF brand. I don't own any of their clothes. But I am a huge fan of a black G with all subdued writing and a crisp clear display and bold digits. So despite the crazy price for a non solar/atomic G I pulled the trigger and ordered the HUF.
    And I do not regret it! The watch itself (not the band but the main watch body and display) is now my favorite G for everyday wear.
    I could hardly wait to rip off the bullbars and do what is in fact ruin the collector value of the HUF colab by "hybridizing" it with the GD400-9. I put the band from the GD400-9 on the GD400HUF-1.
    I used the threaded pins that came with the HUF since they are slightly blackened or subdued compared to the ones that came with the 400-9. I still have the band that came with the HUF and the GD400-9 body and pins so I can revert back to the original HUF if I ever want to but I doubt I will. I am really liking the hybrid version of the two I have made. Kinda Frankenstien'd it but it suits me and I really like the look of it.
    I am interested in knowing what you all think about it - how it looks and all. I know I'm a bonehead for altering a colab collectible and I expect some harsh comments...all are welcome.
    Oh - I have a correction to make too! When I posted my Unboxing thread for the GD400-9 I incorrectly stated the alarm was not like my GD350 and could only be set to on or off. This is not the case with the GD400HUF-1 or the GD400-9! The alarm can be set to on (every day at the set time), off, or On for 1 time (only go off that day and not subsequent days). This is really nice and I like it. I can set the alarm and not have to remember to go turn it off so it doesn't go off the next day when I don't need it too (which always seems to happen at an inopportune time). So I wanted to note that correction and nice feature to all.
    Hope you like the photos and find this interesting to some degree.
    I like to think outside the box sometimes. And I don't like wasting money but...well, apparently I don't mind it if it involves a G!
    I'm braced for impact so let me know what you think.
    I hope you all have a great day!
    Geo
    Attached Images Attached Images

SUA SPONTE

Re: Unboxing: GD400HUF-1 + Hybrid (some will say ruined) GD400HUF-1 & GD400-9

I actually don't like the huf at all.. And by modding it, I think you made it a lot better. Lol looks good man. Nice mod.
    TRSCP likes this.

Congrats! I like your new look too ... crisp, clean and stealth. Removing the bull bars certainly opens up the face, looks sharp. Nicely done. However, I do actually like the bars, curious how it looks with them on, but still with the olive strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks nice and clean. Not a fan of the HUF strap.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

It looks cool, for me though, I would put the Gold Bull Bars on. Great job though!!!

No flaming from me, I quite like it. I also think bullbars would look good on it, but if you don't like them, that's fine then. How about the leftovers, 400-9 with HUF strap?
    Kev55 likes this.

Roger that! Thanks Starscream! Appreciate that a lot!
    SUA SPONTE

Wow! Thank you JonL! I really thought folks would blast me for dismantling the colab version and kinda ruining the collectable value of it.
    I ain't about all that - just want a G like I want it. Really appreciate your feedback!
    SUA SPONTE

Rocat...you are making my day!
    You and the other forum members who have taken the time to post a nice reply in this thread.
    I was feeling like a maniac and your post has help let me know I may well be, but not for what I did to my HUF.
    Thanks!
    SUA SPONTE

Thanks! The gold bullbars would pop for sure. If I liked them I would consider it but I just never really liked them.
    But I get what you're saying - they would look sharp and I think it's because the watch is subdued and has not painted lettering or other colors so would look kinda classy. Thanks!
    SUA SPONTE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information