Uncomfortable 7900??

Thread: Uncomfortable 7900??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Uncomfortable 7900??

Does anyone else find the 7900 uncomfortable? I hate to say it, but I may have to let mine go. LOVE the watch, but I think that wing system hits a nerve on the thumb side of my wrist.

I have had other watches do the same.. in time I simply stop wearing them because of that little nerve.

Anyone else love this watch but find it hard to wear??
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Re: Uncomfortable 7900??

I think that it is the most comfortable G that I have. It arrived Friday but I have already packaged it back up to return it.

It is just too big for me. I am pretty sure that I am in the minority, I love the 5-eyed Mudman and dislike the 7900.

I hate yours is not comfortable. I would like to see Casio use the wings on the majority of the G's. I also wish Casio would put the band with the double holes and double clasp on all their watches.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

Years ago I threw a rake into a wheel barrow. It snapped down very quickly when it landed and smacked my wrist jsut above the joint. My hand went numb and then hurt like crazy. Ever since then some watches just hit that point just so.

If I wear it all day it will eventually hurt all the way up into my shoulder! Im still experimenting, but it may not make the cut. :( Shame as I LOVE the look, size, and features of the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just got the Red 7900 Friday and I'm definitely not a fan of the wings. It's not to the point where its causing any kind of discomfort but I just don't like the feel. I've only had the watch for a few days so maybe I'll get used to them but between my G-Shock's(G/GW6900's, GA-100, 7900) it's at the bottom when it comes to comfort(GA100 > 6900 > 7900). Its awesome though so I can live with it.

Casio should make a revision with the GA-100 straps.

Most people say it is one of the most comfortable G's out there because of those guiding wings.

So you are the exception!

I have heard some others tough that thinks the wings are uncomfortable. But if I remember correctly then those wings can be removed. So try using it without those wings and see if it works better for you.

Another possible solution might be to put adapters on it and use it with one of casios nylon/cloth velcro straps...
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Oddly, I have several 003's that have wings and they are all VERY comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Years ago I threw a rake into a wheel barrow. It snapped down very quickly when it landed and smacked my wrist jsut above the joint. My hand went numb and then hurt like crazy. Ever since then some watches just hit that point just so.

If I wear it all day it will eventually hurt all the way up into my shoulder! Im still experimenting, but it may not make the cut. :( Shame as I LOVE the look, size, and features of the watch.

So, lesson learned. Don't rake. That's why I had kids. Oh, don't cut the grass either.

Sorry to hear about your 7900 experience. I find mine to be very comfortable even for long durations in hot tropical heat. Surprisingly it isn't too "top heavy" for a watch of it's size.

that's too bad, i find the 7900 one of the most comfortable g shocks to wear...

Yeah, I know... I really REALLY want it to work out!

Kind of like the Citizen "Zilla" diver. I had two. Never could wear them. And thats a shame too as that watch is phenomenal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information