Uncommon Anniversary model recently arrived.
Like Tree14Likes
  • 14 Post By Mitch100

Thread: Uncommon Anniversary model recently arrived.

Uncommon Anniversary model recently arrived.

I am always on the lookout for the more unusual 'G's as they add interest to my collection. They must be at the right price though as they are not like the Clot and GW-A1100s that I have bought this year, they were 'must haves' and price is much less of an issue.

Saw this one up for auction and I got it for its opening price as it didn't generate any interest for some reason.

So this is the 20th anniversary model G-600SP-1AJR. There are not many about and it is not seen much in the West as I don't think it was issued here.and I don't think the 600 series was that popular anyway. It is NOS and again illustrates how just putting away and not wearing even an uncommon 'G' is no guarantee that it will increase in value. I got this for far less than half its original price which makes it a bargain now to me but not very good value to the original owner who didn't even get to wear it whilst it was losing money.

Such are the vagaries of collecting things!

According to Casio, the watch is designed around a motor sports instrument theme.

It has a metal keeper with the 20th anniversary phrase 'Resist since 1983' engraved.

It is quite stealthy with a glossy black steel bezel and negative display.

It has the classic G Shock black and red colour scheme which I like.

20th anniversary caseback.

The module is pretty basic with 60 minute stopwatch and countdown timers, plus five alarms including snooze and signal, It also has World Time. The countdown timer does have auto repeat and a progress bleeper though.
    Of course it has time in all modes being ana/digi. The buttons are nice and easy to press. This 'cockpit' look is quite attractive on the wrist. It counts the seconds down graphically as in a rev counter in a car.

The negative display is pretty hard to read but unusually for G Shocks it is has a full face EL, which is rather nice actually and gives a splendid display when you use the EL. The lume is distinctly average but who needs that when you have this wonderful look.

Very 'rev counterish'!

Here are few wrist shots to finish.

So what do members think of this little quirky 'G' does it deserve more love than it seems to have?

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; October 24th, 2013 at 13:13.
    MCZK, civic98, Davidro and 11 others like this.

Re: Uncommon Anniversary model recently arrived.

What a great bargain pick up Mitch. The EL is great, I wonder why that hasn't carried through to more Ana-digis? I wish my MTG-1500b had that instead of the cast-a-shadow bottom LED. I like the size too, looks chunky and solid. Thanks for posting, I never knew anything about these before.

Thats a great find, have not seen one of those before, its nice when gems like these slip under the radar and you can grab a bargain !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love the whole 303/315 style of G shock and this appears very much in the same vein. Why that backlight style isn't on the current ani-digis is a mystery.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

That is a great watch! Nice score!!

Always a pleasure to read every thread you made. Thank you Mitch.

Sent from Nexus 4
    Have a nice day

love

I bet if these days Casio redesigns this G with the same display arrangement but in XL display, there will be buyers, many

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    love

I bet if these days Casio redesigns this G with the same display arrangement but in XL display, there will be buyers, many

Good point.

I am sure there would be a lot of interest if they kept to a similar design with that full face LE and updated the module a bit and used the newer clearer negative display LCD.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by jordan17 View Post
    Always a pleasure to read every thread you made. Thank you Mitch.

Cheers.

When I am posting about these less common 'G's I try to give as much information and views as possible as a lot of members will not have seen them before unlike the ubiquitous 6900s and 5600s.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by MCZK View Post
    What a great bargain pick up Mitch. The EL is great, I wonder why that hasn't carried through to more Ana-digis? I wish my MTG-1500b had that instead of the cast-a-shadow bottom LED. I like the size too, looks chunky and solid. Thanks for posting, I never knew anything about these before.
    Quote Originally Posted by D1cky986 View Post
    Thats a great find, have not seen one of those before, its nice when gems like these slip under the radar and you can grab a bargain !!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonMan View Post
    I love the whole 303/315 style of G shock and this appears very much in the same vein. Why that backlight style isn't on the current ani-digis is a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by fresh eddie fresh View Post
    That is a great watch! Nice score!!

Cheers boys.

As I say the G-600 was not a G I was particularly looking for even though I like the 'cockpit' look as I have a number of 'cockpit' models already.

However, when I saw this 20th anniversary model at a great price it became one to get. This is because I like the stealthy look of this one with the classic 'G' colours. In addition it is an anniversary model and is quite rare, also it comes with great packaging, with adds value in my eyes, and finally you have that great look when you press the light button, one of the best ever on a G Shock imo, then it became a must bid on.

Getting it at its opening price just adds a bit of spice to the acquisition.

Mitch

Thread Information