The Union of O-Rings and Metal Keepers. Thank Heavens for O-Rings to Make this Work.
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Union of O-Rings and Metal Keepers. Thank Heavens for O-Rings to Make this Work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Union of O-Rings and Metal Keepers. Thank Heavens for O-Rings to Make this Work.

I know someone suggested the use of an o-ring on the outside of the Keeper on their AW-1000. But I couldn't, or I was just being "Hard Headed" in not wanting to use one.

Well after months of constantly adjusting the dang Keeper, as well as catching the end of the strap on stuff (since it was always sticking out). I was pretty close to bending the tabs in on the keeper to give it some tension so it wouldn't move around. But I finally gave in, using two o-rings on the inside of the metal keeper. After which it's working really great for this relationship!

So who was it who said the relationship between rubber o-rings and metal wouldn't work out?

Anyways, that's bout it!
    Last edited by azpops; August 12th, 2013 at 05:33.
    Chrisek, stockae92, nigelw and 1 others like this.
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

Re: The Union of O-Rings and Metal Keepers. Thank Heavens for O-Rings to Make this Work.

Nice azpops! I don't remember who but it looks like a neat fix. :beer:

sent with aloha
    azpops likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: The Union of O-Rings and Metal Keepers. Thank Heavens for O-Rings to Make this Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Nice azpops! I don't remember who but it looks like a neat fix. :beer:

sent with aloha

Thanks, it's funny how a simple mod can make wearing a watch a lot better! ...

Pops

... ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

O-rings are a must: you will always get a model that would benefit by the use of one or two o-rings.
    And once again I'm reminded that I have to buy a bunch .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

lvt

Maybe I will try the O-ring solution one day, actually I use an old strap keeper with the new one to fix the problem.

Name:  DSCF6701.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  112.2 KB
    azpops likes this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Maybe I will try the O-ring solution one day, actually I use an old strap keeper with the new one to fix the problem.

Name:  DSCF6701.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  112.2 KB

That looks great!
    lvt likes this.

Pops

... ...

I've worn O-Rings on my dive watch (Aqualand Nx) for a long time in fact I guarantee that if you see someone with a D6i Dive computer on their wrists then they will have a couple of cylinder O-rings as a keeper, most dive watch straps are just so long without a wetsuit on that you need something extra to keep them together.

It's a good tip!
    azpops likes this.

I had an O-Ring on my GWA1000, too!!

Hooray for the O-Rings!!

Name:  g-shock strap keeper.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  77.2 KB
    azpops likes this.

ANy idea what size you guys bought? I just went to Home Depot and purchase 3 of the larger sizes as I had the watch on my wrist and it looked like it could be either 14mm 15mm or 17mm and I was second guessing whether I should have purchased the 18mm size as that looked right. Well after struggling to get the deployant buckle back on with it's fidly springbar, even the 14mm size is on the looser side. Anything smaller than 14mm seemed really thin rubber and looked like the slightest bit of tension would break it. I bought the 3 sizes with intention of trying it out and finding the best one that fit and returning the rest. Well it looks like I will be returning all of them. What is the correct size for the watches in this thread as it should be about the same size for most.

Last edited by tic-toc/g-shock; November 30th, 2013 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by tic-toc/g-shock View Post
    ANy idea what size you guys bought? I just went to Home Depot and purchase 3 of the larger sizes as I had the watch on my wrist and it looked like it could be either 14mm 15mm or 17mm and I was second guessing whether I should have purchased the 18mm size as that looked right. Well after struggling to get the deployant buckle back on with it's fidly springbar, even the 14mm size is on the looser side. Anything smaller than 14mm seemed really thin rubber and looked like the slightest bit of tension would break it. I bought the 3 sizes with intention of trying it out and finding the best one that fit and returning the rest. Well it looks like I will be returning all of them. What is the correct size for the watches in this thread as it should be about the same size for most.

That's way too large a diameter. I've used O rings for years on Gs. Mainly because I always cut the band.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information