An "Unknown" ALL Metal Cased G-Shock that Casio Currently Makes & it's NOT a Screw Back!

Thread: An "Unknown" ALL Metal Cased G-Shock that Casio Currently Makes & it's NOT a Screw Back!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Thumbs Up An "Unknown" ALL Metal Cased G-Shock that Casio Currently Makes & it's NOT a Screw Back!

I don't know whether some people in here know this, but the G-7100 that Casio currently makes comes with an all stainless steel case with a 4 screw back bezel. I just received this watch directly from Amazon.com for $38.95. It's got a one piece all stainless steel exterior bezel case. Even the lugs where the resin watch band is attached is all stainless steel.
    I love the ruggedness of this watch.

Re: An "Unknown" ALL Metal Cased G-Shock that Casio Currently Makes & it's NOT a Screw Bac

I have a G511-1AV that looks similar, but I guess I never checked how the band attaches. Very nice watch if you like Ana-digi

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Re: An "Unknown" ALL Metal Cased G-Shock that Casio Currently Makes & it's NOT a Screw Bac

Quote Originally Posted by Marlinaholic View Post
    I have a G511-1AV that looks similar, but I guess I never checked how the band attaches. Very nice watch if you like Ana-digi
    The G-7100 that I have is an ALL lcd digital model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dimitribouras View Post
    I don't know whether some people in here know this, but the G-7100 that Casio currently makes comes with an all stainless steel case with a 4 screw back bezel. I just received this watch directly from Amazon.com for $38.95. It's got a one piece all stainless steel exterior bezel case. Even the lugs where the resin watch band is attached is all stainless steel.
    I love the ruggedness of this watch.

Nope. The G-7710 only features a stainless steel bezel. The body is still made of fibre-reinforced plastic.

The same applies to the cockpit series.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

I'll look up the model number, but I've got a stainless bracelet G solar atomic where the back screws go into resin like usual, but the band is hooked to little plastic extensions, and then those extensions are held to the body of the watch by spring bars that DO go into metal, not resin. It's one of the only ones I have seen like that. I know it's a discontinued model.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marlinaholic View Post
    I'll look up the model number, but I've got a stainless bracelet G solar atomic where the back screws go into resin like usual, but the band is hooked to little plastic extensions, and then those extensions are held to the body of the watch by spring bars that DO go into metal, not resin. It's one of the only ones I have seen like that. I know it's a discontinued model.
    The entire exterior bezel on my G-7100 is all stainless steel. Even the lugs where the watch band pins go into are also stainless steel. But the back of the watch where the stainless steel bezel bolts on to the watch with the 4 screws is hard plastic resin. Even though the back of the watch is resin, the entire exterior top and sides of the watch is all stainless steel. If this particular G-7100 model has any resin on its watch case, it's very little. The watch has more stainless steel than it does resin.

But the back of the watch where the stainless steel bezel bolts on to the watch with the 4 screws is hard plastic resin.
    Which as MountainMike says, means that the case is resin.

If this particular G-7100 model has any resin on its watch case, it's very little.
    See above.

Distinction: 'case' v 'bezel/outer case'
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Something like an all-metal cased G-Shock would likely cost more than just $38.95, even if it comes direct from Amazon. Besides, the proof would be in the weight.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

It's $75 on Amazon now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scraff View Post
    It's $75 on Amazon now.
    That's right. I bought mine "directly" from Amazon.com and not from one of the Amazon stores. Right now, the same G7100 is being sold for $75 from one of the Amazon stores.
    The $38.95 price is no longer available "directly" from Amazon.com because Amazon sold out on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information