Update on G-5600 "recover" problem

Thread: Update on G-5600 "recover" problem

Update on G-5600 "recover" problem

Hi all,

Here's the final update on my G-5600 that I was having the "RECOVER" problem with....

After going back to Casio UK for a 3rd time, I got a phone call from their customer service dept a couple of days ago. They confirmed it is a known problem with the module (2597) and they could not guarantee a replacement module would not develope the same fault. BUT because it's a Japan only model Casio UK are not able to get a replacement.
    They had already replaced the battery (twice) and the solar panel.

But as a show of good faith they returned my G-5600 to me with a new DW-5600B.

I managed to score a G-5600RB of the bay a while ago and it shows no sign of the fault, Seiya-san emailed me some time ago stating he would sort it out if Casio UK couldn't so i may take him up on his offer when he returns.

It's the only Casio watch i've had that's been faulty so i'm not too upset by it . But as a bit of retail therapy i pick up a G-7700 and quite like it .

I agree with previous posts about the 1/1000 sec stopwatch being OT but the screen in real life isn't that cluttered and the TOD digits are quite large (bigger than the DW-5600 and slightly smaller than the G-5600). It does wear quite small (due to the dial/bezel ratio) and the strap is very soft and pliable (and quite long for my 7" wrist). The alarm is a different tone from my other G's and the green and red LEDs are nice

have a good weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Gordon; September 15th, 2007 at 01:19.

Re: Update on G-5600 "recover" problem

Gordon, I was wondering how that turned out. Sounds like the saga isn't over yet but that at least you are getting some action taken. It's a shame because it's a great G-Shock overall but there do seem to be a few quirky problems with them and the solar issue.
    I have a GW-5600 with no malfunctions so far but I'm not overly confident in it. I wouldn't take it trekking across the Antarctic, for example, but I'm happy to wear it shopping.

I hope it all works out for the best.

Thanks for the pics too

It sounds like Casio UK have done everything they could, and it's interesting that they acknowledge that it's a known problem.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolling eyes Re: Update on G-5600 "recover" problem

Hi Gordon,

I can only say that Tribe has already said. I think Casio UK has done their best.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

so Casio UK can't fix your G5600 but send you a free DW5600B? not bad

Thread Information