Update G-5600E-1DR

Thread: Update G-5600E-1DR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Update G-5600E-1DR

In a few days, Monday to be exact, my first G will be one month old and I'd like to share a few thoughts.

Original post: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=295983

I've had quite a few sunny days since it was new and it's had many hours of charging time. In the first few days it dipped back to the middle, but quickly went back to full charge indication and has been there since that time. I wish I knew if you could overcharge this battery. Anyone?

The time keeping is a pleasant surprise, but I suppose I'm not really surprised at all. It's only 1 second off Atomic in nearly a month. This is one of the reasons I didn't really want the atomic version of this one. I like to see just how well the watch keeps time without any outside help, and it has not let me down.

Although my original plan was to use my G for somewhat risky situations that I didn't want to put my other non G's through, I find that I'm wearing it much more than I expected, and certainly not only in tough situations. I really like the thing and I'm wearing it about half the week. I must admit I enjoy that a G-Shock is a worry free wear. I know this watch can take anything that I put it through and I don't have to think or worry about damage. With it's low profile on the wrist, so far it hasn't come in any real contact with anything yet, but I'm not worried about that, and that is the important point.

I suppose that new watch high is over, but I still love it. I use many of the functions daily, which my Seiko's don't have. I've come to miss them when not wearing it in fact.

I have only 2 criticisms and one of them is not the fault of the watch. I can't find just the right hole on the strap. One is a bit tight, and the next one a bit loose. Not a huge deal though. The other complaint being, I need really good light to read the display clearly and I therefore wish it was bigger. In poor light I can still read the time, but it's blurry. The fault is with my eyes, not the watch.

I do wish that I had bought one of these years ago though. Now that I have one, I can't picture being without it.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Update G-5600E-1DR

Great pics of a great watch. Gs offer more for the money than anything else.

I doubt you can overcharge them. I leave mine on my sunrise window every day with no fear.

Great pictures and write up I really like this model

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am liking this model a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I can't find just the right hole on the strap. One is a bit tight, and the next one a bit loose. Not a huge deal though.
    +1. That's exactly how it is with me and my GW-5000B. Some days I'll be on hole 6, some on hole 7...it's weird. Nice review BTW.
    Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

DavidSeattleWA

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and I'm pretty happy with it. The solar technology is a cool feature (no interest in atomic). Nice, low profile on the wrist, accurate timekeeper. Mine's only about 3 seconds fast over about 3 weeks time - pretty darn good.

As far as I'm concerned, they could've done away with the World Time function and just did Dual Time. I think Dual Time is a much more practical and handy feature. I guess, technically, it does have Dual Time if you just select the desired timezone. But while you're in that mode, you don't see your home city time or the date .... so it's very limited in my view. I dunno, personally, I would much rather have a beefed-up Dual Time function instead and call it good.

Overall, a very good G! No G is perfect ... I've come to realize

I got the olive green one, here is the pix. Very nice Tough Solar watch!! like it.

Banned

Nice watch. I received one today but I am shipping it back. Two complaints:

Digits are too small.
    Time of day not displayed in CDT mode.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by jbc6 View Post
    Nice watch. I received one today but I am shipping it back. Two complaints:

Digits are too small.
    Time of day not displayed in CDT mode.
    Where did you buy yours from? Which online website did you get it from?
    I own the same exact watch and I think that the digits on mine are large and easy to read. They are definitely much bigger than the digits on the regular DW5600E-1V.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dimitribouras View Post
    Where did you buy yours from? Which online website did you get it from?
    I own the same exact watch and I think that the digits on mine are large and easy to read. They are definitely much bigger than the digits on the regular DW5600E-1V.
    I bought mine from Amazon, but there was a Dexlusive card in the box. Aren't they all the same size if they're the same model number?

Wow, the digits on the DW5600E-1V must be really small!
    Last edited by jbc6; July 9th, 2010 at 18:52.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information