Update of the Rangeman ?
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Update of the Rangeman ?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Update of the Rangeman ?

The Rangeman was released in 2013. Since then, Casio has come out with a faster / updated ABC module for thier new Protrek line. Was wondering what the general consensus is of people here as to if / when Casio will put out an updated Rangeman with this new module and possibly a smaller watch with larger digits, etc.

With a push towards smart watches from the Protrek line my guess is that Casio's next new Master of G release will be some kind of Smartwatch / Bluetooth plugin G-Shock. While I for one hope they don't do it, who knows. I really hope they release a new G that's just an update of the Rangeman. Which, has been a fantastic watch that I have personally owned for almost 3 years now.
    Last edited by mbnv992; October 30th, 2017 at 16:10.

Re: Update of the Rangeman ?

i doubt they do at all. if they do, it may be a new name model.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Agreed. They're not big on v2 of watches. They just create a new line. People still buy the basic 5600 and 6900s after all.

Sent from Hertford or London, UK.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Most people believe they would not put more focus onto premium digital G's outside Frogman. Not something we would like to see, but indeed that seems to be the way it is heading. So I am inclined to think Rangeman is officially done, though I wouldn't rule out any possibility.

I realize when they put out a new watch it would probably be called something else. So if they did release another version of the Rangeman it would be called something else.

Just curious to see what they would have in the pipeline as far as new purly digital top of the line Master of G watches coming out anytime soon is what I'm getting at I guess.
    CanonMan and cman1120 like this.

Rangeman has been a huge success for Casio/G-Shock. It is one of the best selling Master of G watches let alone G-Shock watches. I find it very hard to believe they would get rid of it or make any drastic changes to it. The fact is the Rangeman is the best bang for you buck G-Shock out there. They have a winner with the Rangeman and to make any drastic moves would be a very poor business decision. Also, G-Shock has already stated that they have no interest in making a smart watch.
    Miklos86, WES51 and cman1120 like this.

The Rangeman sold really well. It is true that focus is now on analogue or at least ana-digi watches, but I doubt Casio would let go of the functional-ABC-digital-budget line. Agreeing with the rest of the gents, I also doubt that it would be called Rangeman #2. My money is on Rangemaster, sounds really great.
    CanonMan likes this.

Agreed, I would expect a Rangemaster before we see the next generation of Rangeman. I am surprised that they have made the Rangemaster yet, considering how well the Rangeman sells but then the Master of G line probably sells ast much lower volumes and is more for the enthusiast.

I would probably be interested in a steel case and screw down caseback Rangeman, but that would be too close to the Frogman and cannibalize sales so i don't think they'll do that.
    But there is quite a gap between the Frogman and other digitals price wise so you it would be logical to add a model that costs 50%-60% of the Frogman.
    WES51 likes this.

Believe the module in the present Rangeman is the equivalent of the V.2 that is in the ProTrek ABC watches.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information