Updated Model Number Help Sheet

Thread: Updated Model Number Help Sheet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    buddha-g

Updated Model Number Help Sheet

If anyone can fill in the blanks or knows of codes I've missed, let me know. This can be really helpful when browsing models to determine what may a special issue, know the color on sight, or otherwise identify most models. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink Re: Updated Model Number Help Sheet

Hi Buddha,

Your sheet looks pretty complete to me. I think we need a special Articles and Support sub-forum for these kind of threads.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Updated Model Number Help Sheet

There are a couple of Casio watches with prefixes starting with G that are not G--shocks, namely the GPx prefixes.THe question seems to be about GT. The GT1000, a watch I am trying to find out about, is not a G-shock, but other GTs are. Is that correct? Could 'T" be twin or temp. Also GS is the Giez prefix,' S' may be related to that fact.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Isn't GT the pre-fix for G-Cool models. Are you sure the Gt-1000 isn't G-Shock? I have a GC-1001 G-Cool model that may not look like a regular G-Shock, but definitely is...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The GT1000 uses the same band as the GPX1000, which I once owned. The GPX has functions similar to the DW6000 and a 1/1000 sec. timer.It was produced circa 1992. Ony these two watches are listed with said band.That fact and the similar model # would seem to iimply that they are related. I will try to post a link to a GPX1000.

buddha-g

Hay, thanks for all the help clearing up some the question marks . There are SO many models and versions I don't claim to know them all, but think this chart is a good way to document what we all know about the model numbers. It is a "work in progress" and is updated each time I get more information or clarification. So keep sending me updates and I'll add them!

Casio isn't always consistent in their use of these numbers, which makes documenting them especially difficult. Some named series have two different series codes probably based on feature set, but I haven't been able to determine what the codes reference. It might help if I read Japanese!

A couple people have asked about using the chart in other places and that's just fine. Just remember to ask me for the latest version so you're using the most updated information and keep my credits!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Buddha,

Can you please post a new thread of this sheet in the articles section. I can make it a sticky there. Can you host the picture. If not I can host it for you so the sheet is ful size when you view the post.

Cheers,

Sjors

buddha-g

Sjors: When I try to access the Articles section I'm told I don't have permission. :-S Can you resolve? As for hosting the image that's not a problem, although it does appear pretty much full size as an attachment. Either way is fine. Thanks!

Hi Buddha-G,

I have mailed Ernie to look after it. I let you know when it's resolved,

Cheers,

Sjors

WC for W.C.C.S ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information