Upgraded straps?
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Upgraded straps?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Upgraded straps?

Ideally I’d like to find something like the rubber Seiko dive straps, I looked around online and couldn’t really find anything.

I have a GA100L-1A

Re: Upgraded straps?

The main issue is that most G-Shocks, including your GA-100, have a 16mm lug width. Most Seiko rubber dive straps are intended for a 20mm or 22mm lug width. One solution is to use the JaysAndKays 16mm/22mm metal adapters that are compatible with the GA-100. After doing this, you should be able to install most two-piece (or one-piece) 22mm straps. The downside is that the adapters are $30.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6201083...ctive_28&crt=1

That’s a dealbreaker, surprise no one has jumped on the opportunity
    Dxnnis likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the metal Jays and Kay’s on all three of my G’s. Love them.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    ....It should have worked....I used genuine Saskatchewan Seal Skin bindings....

I'm thinking of getting these but they say they don't ship to the UK? Waiting for a response from them as to why not

Had a reply and they won't ship to UK
    Last edited by Dxnnis; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:47.
    Dennis
    G-Shocks
    GW-M5610-1ER.......GW-M5610-1BJF
    GW-7900-1ER..........GA-201-1AER
    GX-56BB-1ER...........
    DW-5600HRGRZ-1ER
    GD-100-1AER
    Citizen promaster AJ0100-02E
    + Various other makes

Quote Originally Posted by Dxnnis View Post
    I'm thinking of getting these but they say they don't ship to the UK? Waiting for a response from them as to why not

Had a reply and they won't ship to UK
    That is a shocking change in policy!! I've had bullbars, adapters, and bracelets from J&K, they have always shipped direct to me in the UK... Wonder if Brexit is to blame LOL

EDIT: just went to that web site link, you can definitely get the option of shipping to display for the UK.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    That is a shocking change in policy!! I've had bullbars, adapters, and bracelets from J&K, they have always shipped direct to me in the UK... Wonder if Brexit is to blame LOL

EDIT: just went to that web site link, you can definitely get the option of shipping to display for the UK.
    I thought that but e-mailed them to check and they said if I ordered they would cancel and refund as they don't ship to the UK!
    Dennis
    G-Shocks
    GX-56BB-1ER...........
    DW-5600HRGRZ-1ER
    GD-100-1AER
    + Various other makes

Quote Originally Posted by Dxnnis View Post
    I thought that but e-mailed them to check and they said if I ordered they would cancel and refund as they don't ship to the UK!
    That's really sad, I know they can be cantankerous at times, as I had an issue once which they dealt with eventually but not in a very customer focussed way (!), but I have now had 4 x separate orders from them, though the most recent was last year. I wonder if you played 'stupid' and just ordered it, would they process it anyway? The worst that can happen is you get a refund.
    Dxnnis likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

If you do let us know, it does seem strange they are gonna lose out on a few customers over here. They don't send to loads of other places now either
    Dennis
    G-Shocks
    GX-56BB-1ER...........
    DW-5600HRGRZ-1ER
    GD-100-1AER
    + Various other makes

I have 3 Seiko's, and the rubber straps that came with them, but have switched to isofrane's. I was skeptical at first, as in how can they really be s good as many people claim ? But they are; superbly comfortable, great fit, and they clearly are built for the long haul. I would recommend you check them out.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information