USB Watch

Thread: USB Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question USB Watch

Has Casio ever made a usb watch? It seems that all the ones I can find are mechanical and not digital which seems kind of oxymoronish.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

Re: USB Watch

You mean with flash memory? I don't think so.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    You mean with flash memory? I don't think so.
    yes I was hoping for a flash memory watch with a usb connection that was a digital watch. I can't find a single one anywhere.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

With flash memory dropping in price this things gonna make you look as cool as a cactus when you wear it in 3 years.

You: "my watch holds 64GB of data."
    Someone else: "I used to have one of those, I recycled it when I threw away some old 1.44MB floppies I found in the garage."

(not trying to be mean, I'm just half asleep now.)

!
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

There was a Timex Ironman watch several years ago that came with a USB cable. Not sure of exactly what the functionality was supposed to be.

"There was a Timex Ironman watch several years ago that came with a USB cable. Not sure of exactly what the functionality was supposed to be."

I think you mean the datalink. Datalink was a databank watch where you entered your info into the computer then synced it to your watch.

It came out in 1995 and what you would do is hold it against the CRT screen and the data would be sent to the watch with the little light sensor at the top of the watch. For LCD screens Timex sold an accessory that plugged into your serial port, that accessory was probably updated to USB.

You could NOT send data from the watch back to the computer.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

The Timex USB Datalink is still shown on Amazon, even though it's listed as unavailable. USB cable plugs directly into the watch as shown.

The USB Ironman Datalink was the second generation Datalink. I don't think they're being made anymore. Like a Blackberry or a Palm, it linked to your computer with a USB cable. The idea, as with the first generation Datalink (which did indeed work on optical scanning technology as an earlier poster noted), was to be able to sync certain organizer data (phone numbers, calendar entries, etc.) with your watch and have that data literally on your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    "There was a Timex Ironman watch several years ago that came with a USB cable. Not sure of exactly what the functionality was supposed to be."

I think you mean the datalink. Datalink was a databank watch where you entered your info into the computer then synced it to your watch.

It came out in 1995 and what you would do is hold it against the CRT screen and the data would be sent to the watch with the little light sensor at the top of the watch. For LCD screens Timex sold an accessory that plugged into your serial port, that accessory was probably updated to USB.

You could NOT send data from the watch back to the computer.
    I bought one of those optical datalink watches back then. It was pretty cool for that era. I worked at a software company called Borland International then in their R&D department and it was fun because it had a pretty serious geek appeal.

I still have it, but the battery is long since kaput.

- Tim

Ahh Borland, the Delphi (PASCAL) I learnt with ye!

I have this:

Programmable in BASIC!
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information