Useless atomic clock feature

Thread: Useless atomic clock feature

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Useless atomic clock feature

I bought a GW-9110 Gulfman for a few days ago, and i have tried to do a manual time receive thing with the wave ceptor feature in 4 different places in Sweden, all of them failed, no signal at all with any atomic clock. All the places were far away from eachother, approximately 50km maybe, one of the places were basically in the heart of Stockholm.

Why have Casio put such a feature in their watches which doesn't work?
    Almost feels like false advertising.

Re: Useless atomic clock feature

It does work, just not very well where you are, by the look of it.

It's not Casio that erects atomic signal transmitters. Where are you in relation to the map below?

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Well i live approximately in Stockholm, Sweden

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Then it looks as though you are right on the edge of the range of the two European transmitters. I would expect you to have considerable difficulty performing a manual sync. A night-time sync is likely to be more successful, but even that might be variable. Set it to auto and see what happens over the course of a few nights.

(By the way, I overlooked the fact that you are in Stockholm in your first post.)
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Last week I was in Austria at ski for 1 week and every single night my G-Shock has sync with atomic signal.
    This never happened in my country Romania since a receive it ( 2 months ) but I'm out of reach for the atomic signal from Germany so it may be yout case
    Try leave it during the night face it at the window or just at the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far night-time auto syncs have also failed. Isn't the auto sync thing exactly the same thing as manual sync, but ofcourse with manual sync you can do the sync attempt at any time.

Stockholm seems to lie right at the edge of both cover range from Germany and England. So it's hard to successfully sync it.
    It's unnecessary anyway, because the quartz are generally very accurate, mostly just +-4s/month, unless you are obsessed with perfection or such.
    And they often stated clearly the range of the signal in the web, brochures, etc.. so it's kinda hard to blame them.
    Last edited by N1ce; February 3rd, 2011 at 00:09.

I live in Maryland USA and the atomic clock is about 1,600 miles away in Colordada. I have a $20.00 Casio WV59A-1AV Waveceptor that synchs without fail every night, even though it's buried in the watch box.

On the other hand, my G-Shock GW-9100-1 is very difficult to synch unless I leave it facing the window at night, only at a certain height and at a specific angle to the window. I have never been able to get either one to synch manually during the day. When I go to visit my father in Florida, the G-Shock will not synch, no matter how I place it at night. So I guess some watches synch better than others for some reason.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird_CaD_ View Post
    So far night-time auto syncs have also failed. Isn't the auto sync thing exactly the same thing as manual sync, but ofcourse with manual sync you can do the sync attempt at any time.
    Sure, but you're quite likely to be asleep in the early hours of the morning when syncs are generally most successful. It's easier to set it to auto then check to see whether it has synced in the morning.

By the way, the atmospheric conditions at night are generally more favorable for sync'ing than in the day. (just an FYI).
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information