using SuperChrono for purchase of G-Shock GW-2500 - Customer's Rarely A Priority...

Thread: using SuperChrono for purchase of G-Shock GW-2500 - Customer's Rarely A Priority...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

using SuperChrono for purchase of G-Shock GW-2500 - Customer's Rarely A Priority...

I ordered a Casio GW-2500B-1AER from them on 5th September - got immediate confirmation of my order. However, although they say that they ship by Fedex, I have had no tracking number or even advice of shipping. I emailed on 13 Sep to ask what was happening - they say just, "hi, let us check for you". I follow up with another email on 14 Sep, and they just say, "hi, we have check, we will resend for you"

"Resend"? Resend what - the watch, the tracking number? Poor communication; ppoor customer service. Not helped by their having removed a telephone nuumber from their website. I have found an old number on the web : +65 6279 2866; but that number

What's also frustrating is that I've just spent another $30 getting the adaptor from the PAW-1300 to allow me to wear the GW-2500 on a NATO. So I'll either have wasted the money or will need to source the watch elsewhere. Grrr...!

Update - They emailed me to say, "hi, we just get news from the post, the item is lost, may we ask do you want this GW2500-1AER ? WE CAN RESEND"

I replied, "Do you actually have this item in stock NOW? Did you actually have it in stock when I ordered it? When will you ship? When will you advise the Fedex tracking number?"

They say, "hi, yes, in stock now, we can packed immediately GW2500-1AER"

Which makes me wonder why they didn't send it before. And they still won't tell me when I can expect to receive it if they resend; whether they had it in stock when I ordered it, or whether there is an official Casio warranty...

Should I ask them to refund me, and buy somewhere else. Or ask them to ship? Especially when, by submitting and paying for an order 10 days ago, that's what I thought I was doing...

Re: using SuperChrono for purchase of G-Shock GW-2500 - Customer's Rarely A Priority...

Update - I've decided to cancel the order with SuperChrono and am getting the same watch from a UK seller, with official 2 year Casio warranty, for peace of mind, at the same price.

Re: using SuperChrono for purchase of G-Shock GW-2500 - Customer's Rarely A Priority...

That sounds like really bad service there - can't stand it and there is plenty of it about.

Looks like you are sorted now though so enjoy your watch when it arrives.

PS: I really do sympathise as I am 30 minutes out of a 4 hour set-to with a major DIY retailer over here who also need lessons in how to keep customers happy.

I feel a rant coming on now as memories of recent dealings with BT, Sky, Dell, Ford and Acer are coming back to haunt me..............

I'd best shut up!
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like they're a bit "hit or miss" with regards to customer service. I'm having a slightly better experience so far from Superchrono. I just ordered a GW2000BD from them on Monday. They sent me immediate confirmation of my order and I had a FedEx tracking # within a day. But, it's listed as "initiated" still, indicating that the package hasn't yet been picked up. Maybe it's a glitch in FedEx's system (which I've experienced before), or maybe the package actually hasn't been picked up? I dunno. I'm supposed to get my watch tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

A bit frustrating, to be sure.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

I'll tell you what that means. It means that Superchrono have a system whereby they can generate their own FedEx tracking numbers. When you place an order, back comes the confirmation, along with a tracking number.

In reality, FedEx haven't been called to collect anything, in all probability because there is nothing to collect.

Sorry...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I'll tell you what that means. It means that Superchrono have a system whereby they can generate their own FedEx tracking numbers. When you place an order, back comes the confirmation, along with a tracking number.

In reality, FedEx haven't been called to collect anything, in all probability because there is nothing to collect.

Sorry...
    Well, you really know how to rain on a guy's parade, don't you?

I was a bit concerned about placing an order, knowing this watch is out of production, but I was hoping they would have one nonetheless. Hope I'm not screwed.

Also, I saw they raised their price by $70 on this watch after I placed my order. Curious.
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

I was misled in the same way. I'd been hunting for a recently discontinued model, and had been knocked back a few times by people who appeared to have it but didn't. I had enough money tied up in time-delayed PayPal refunds that it was affecting the money I had for the month.

Then - hurrah! - confirmation and a Fed-Ex tracking number! Found one at last! Nope, same old game with a twist...

Yours might be OK. I hope it is, but if it was me I'd be fearing the worst.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I sent them an email, asking for them to clarify if they indeed have the watch in stock and when they intend to ship it. If I don't get notification that the watch has been picked up by the end of their business day (9/16), I'm going to ask for my money back. Thanks for the heads up on this, Tribe!

I do not usually order online except stowa superchrono is a reputable retailer, although his price is not as competitive as others, cos he also has the most so called ' hard to come by collection'. maybe there is a screw up in his side. Bad follow up or service from them?

disclaimer: I am not affliated with superchrono.

I'm well and truly disgruntled with Superchrono now. As Tribe predicted, my watch shipment status hasn't yet budged from "awaiting pickup" or some similar nonsense. I've emailed them 5 times now, asking them directly if they in fact have the watch in stock. Getting no response, I've now asked for my money to be refunded. I know I'll get no response on that either, so I have to wait four more days before I can open a dispute with PayPal and go through that whole song and dance.

Lesson learned. Don't do business with Superchrono. Every business makes a mistake or has a bad day now and then. But selling items that they don't have or know they can get is fraudulent behavior.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information