Venting...

Thread: Venting...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Angry Venting...

Internet stores that say 'in stock' when it isn't.

I order a watch from nywatches / 4-watches / Top One International. I get a 'sorry, out of stock' email and a refund.

I order the watch from Stonewatches. This looks rock-solid - 'all our watches are in stock and in our warehouse'. I get a 'sorry, out of stock' email and a refund. The refund, interestingly, comes from Superchrono / Future One Trading (should have done a bit more homework there).

Both stores still describe the watch as 'in stock'.

I order the watch from Creation Watches. Let's see what happens this time.

Multiple names for one trader. 'In stock' when it isn't. On each occasion, an offer to buy a different model. Websites still showing 'in stock', even after I suggest they are changed. Time, emails, disappointments.

And another thing - PayPal and my bank can't keep up. I'm getting refunds before the original transaction has cleared. Result - refunds are held by PayPal. As far as money in my pocket is concerned, today I'm down for the cost of three watches. A few more orders like this and I won't be able to draw cash from my bank.

It's not on.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: Venting...

Yeah, how hard would it be to tie the quantity in stock to those ordered and drop the total with each order. When quantity equals zero change the "in stock" to "sold out". What is software for if you cannot get it to do something this simple?
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

I hear you, tribe. I know you were looking forward to some new purchases. I had a similar bad experience from 4-watches as well.

Simply put: companies that decide to go for e-commerce and doing business on the internet should have the courtesy to check their inventory, and make sure that the one interface they have with their customers (their website) is updated and has accurate information. No ifs, ands, or buts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's truly lousy - you'd love to just not order from people like this but then if they are the only ones who (purportedly!) have supply what choice do you have.

I hope you give them a serious flea in their ear - and also that you are successful in securing your chosen watch.

I can't help but be curious as to what watch(es) you were trying to order...

I feel you, tribe. But I think we really can't expect the mom-and-pop type operations to compete with the logistics of the giants like Amazon or Buy.com. Since their sites and their inventory database are not always updated live, I just take whatever they indicate on their sites with a grain of salt. A phone call is usually the safest bet to check on stock, IMO.
    Buying more watches does not buy you more time.

Looking for: Seiko SCVS013; Citizen PMX56-2811; Citizen Campanola CTS57-0701.

Can you not contact trading standards about this? Surely if they advertise something as being in stock when it actually isn't it must be breaking some rules.

Quote Originally Posted by citeniK View Post
    I feel you, tribe. But I think we really can't expect the mom-and-pop type operations to compete with the logistics of the giants like Amazon or Buy.com. Since their sites and their inventory database are not always updated live, I just take whatever they indicate on their sites with a grain of salt. A phone call is usually the safest bet to check on stock, IMO.
    What s/w doesn't keep track of what they have? I don't run a business online so might be speaking out of turn but any s/w that you run a business on that doesn't ask for in-stock quantity then drop it each time someone orders something isn't worth crap! At the very worst there should be MORE in stock than you list as you haven't update a restocking. How can there be less? Who designs stuff that doesn't ask how much is on hand and reduces that number to not misrepresent to the customer what is available? I am baffled by the fact that this might be occurring. It seems like a baseline activity for online sales software. Are all these places just running their sites manually and updating stock on the site by hand with the built in delay between when they sell something and when they update the site? That seems just as preposterous.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Banned

Sorry to hear that tribe . I've heard other people have had the same problem with them, listing as 'In Stock' but actually they don't. I've recommended to people that you may want to contact them by phone or email and confirm whether they actually do have them in stock or not. But you would think they would do a better job of keeping track of these things .

Quote Originally Posted by brian d. View Post
    sorry to hear that tribe . I've heard other people have had the same problem with them, listing as 'in stock' but actually they don't. I've recommended to people that you may want to contact them by phone or email and confirm whether they actually do have them in stock or not. But you would think they would do a better job of keeping track of these things .
    +1

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information