Very Disappointed in GWA-1100 Sky CockPit
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Very Disappointed in GWA-1100 Sky CockPit

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have 12 Casio Aviators, from the GW-2000 [1] to the GW-2500 [3] to the GW-3000 [5] to the GW-3500 [1] to the GWA-1000 [2, including an RAF].

I think they are terrific watches. And what I like most, besides the sharp dial design, is that every one of them has perfect alignment between the hands [second, minute and hour] and the indices/markers. Casio has clearly perfected this alignment technology, and exceeds Citizen and Seiko in its efforts for precision in this aspect of modern watch configuration.

Perfected...until the GWA-1100. The second hand hits about half the markers exactly.

I invoked the automatic hand realignment function: all the hands point perfectly at 12:00pm.

The problem is that the dial is not perfectly set, perhaps the consequence of manufacture and assembly being in different countries [Japan/Thailand].

It is sad to see this reversion to haphazard alignment; this lack of precision cancels my enjoyment of the watch, despite its otherwise stellar characteristics. The sapphire crystal is quite nice.

The watch, despite its numerous functions, will become a gym watch for me.
    alexs12 and lvt like this.
    /Forrest

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Only a fellow watch guy can relate so you're complaining in the right place. Most people wouldn't care but it's the small stuff that drives you crazy if you're passionate about something.
    PS- I noticed the gw4000 missing from your list. Any reason why?
    Last edited by Tedzone; October 22nd, 2013 at 05:23.
    lvt likes this.

Re: Very Disappointed in GWA-1100 Sky CockPit

Sorry to hear it. I haven't jumped on a 1100 yet, but I would feel similar going through that.

I wonder if you saw 10 in a store if there would be a noticeable difference?

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, Mr. Tedzone :)

Good eyes. Yes, I skipped the GW-4000 because I preferred the looks of the 3000, and I didn't think the 4000 had any compelling additional functionality.
    /Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Sorry to hear it. I haven't jumped on a 1100 yet, but I would feel similar going through that.

I wonder if you saw 10 in a store if there would be a noticeable difference?

sent with aloha
    That's a good question. And the only facts I have are my watch, and pictures of others I have seen on the Internet. I'm guessing this is a pervasive problem. I think it is the manufacturing process that relates to the setting of the dial, since I have also seen that the inlay of the marker near "1 o'clock" is off in all the pictures.
    /Forrest

Sorry to hear of the condition you observed; I don't have this condition on mine; I don't think there is enough data to indicate that the problem is endemic to all watches of this model. Perhaps yours is defective, or someone opened the package and dropped it before you received it? Why not return it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    DW6900HM-2
    GW-9400-3ER Rangeman
    GA110-1B
    G2800B-1V
    GXW-56-1AJF
    GWA-1100-1A3
    GPW-1000-1AJF

Quote Originally Posted by Rwhite692 View Post
    Sorry to hear of the condition you observed; I don't have this condition on mine; I don't think there is enough data to indicate that the problem is endemic to all watches of this model. Perhaps yours is defective, or someone opened the package and dropped it before you received it? Why not return it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    A good suggestion. I will see if my eB*y seller is amenable to an exchange. [Pretty sure dropping is not the cause. The watch was very carefully packaged, and it is not the sort of problem that would likely come from a fall.]
    Last edited by frhoads; October 22nd, 2013 at 06:31.
    /Forrest

sorry to hear this, like Rwhite692 I don't have this problem with mine either. Perhaps this is an isolated issue, rather than issue with all 1100s (?)

A sapphire glass may not be best for the gym and a bit of a waste IMHO. Maybe you could switch the crystals between the a1100 and one of your a1000's first? If they would fit, that is...

Quote Originally Posted by frhoads View Post
    I have 12 Casio Aviators, from the GW-2000 [1] to the GW-2500 [3] to the GW-3000 [5] to the GW-3500 [1] to the GWA-1000 [2, including an RAF].

I think they are terrific watches. And what I like most, besides the sharp dial design, is that every one of them has perfect alignment between the hands [second, minute and hour] and the indices/markers. Casio has clearly perfected this alignment technology, and exceeds Citizen and Seiko in its efforts for precision in this aspect of modern watch configuration.

Perfected...until the GWA-1100. The second hand hits about half the markers exactly.

I invoked the automatic hand realignment function: all the hands point perfectly at 12:00pm.

The problem is that the dial is not perfectly set, perhaps the consequence of manufacture and assembly being in different countries [Japan/Thailand].

It is sad to see this reversion to haphazard alignment; this lack of precision cancels my enjoyment of the watch, despite its otherwise stellar characteristics. The sapphire crystal is quite nice.

The watch, despite its numerous functions, will become a gym watch for me.
    That is exactly why I avoided analog watch at all. As far as I know this could happen even on some high-end mechanic watch...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information