Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200

    I have DW-5200. That is in great shape.It has the glue still on it from the original sticker on back. The bezel has a crack. the band is perfect original casio japan. It needs a new battery. Can you please tell me the best place to get a new bezel and change the battery. I may want to sell it..Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200

    Hi Lerad
    That seems like a great watch. I don't know which country you live in but www.tiktox.com is a good place for bezels (they're in the UK but ship worldwide). If you're going to change the battery yourself please please get a proper screwback removal tool or you will scratch the caseback. The batteries are very common type BR-2320 or equivalent.

    Added: Link to bezel for information
    http://www.tiktox.com/dw5200-bezel-p-2081.php
    Last edited by WorldTime643; February 18th, 2009 at 12:31. Reason: Added more info

  3. #3
    Member GatorJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    Hi Lerad
    That seems like a great watch. I don't know which country you live in but www.tiktox.com is a good place for bezels (they're in the UK but ship worldwide). If you're going to change the battery yourself please please get a proper screwback removal tool or you will scratch the caseback. The batteries are very common type BR-2320 or equivalent.

    Added: Link to bezel for information
    http://www.tiktox.com/dw5200-bezel-p-2081.php
    . Thank you for your help...Lerad

  6. #5
    Member OldHippie1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northeast Pa.
    Posts
    740

    Both sites mentioned are great sources for NOS parts.....

    I figured that I would mention that the bezel and band parts for the DW-5200C are the same part # as the DW-5600C. I was lucky to source mine from a member of another forum. My DW-5200 was black(not too uncommon) I did my DW-5600 in yellow and it was much harder sourcing the parts.

    Here's some pics of my DW-5xxx restorations.
    DW-5200 with a 240 module(This one I sold recently)






    DW-5600C with the older 691 module. I still have this one and it's in regular rotation. I live the looks of this watch.






    Batteries are not too hard to come by. They come up as discontinued cells, but if cross-referenced properly there is an updated version available.

    Cheers!
    Mike
    mitadoc likes this.
    "What a long, strange trip it's been?"(Hunter/Garcia ca. 1970)

  7. #6
    Member azziman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    764

    Re: Both sites mentioned are great sources for NOS parts.....

    I'll give you 20 quid for it
    Real men don't need instructions.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Both sites mentioned are great sources for NOS parts.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHippie1968 View Post
    I figured that I would mention that the bezel and band parts for the DW-5200C are the same part # as the DW-5600C. I was lucky to source mine from a member of another forum. My DW-5200 was black(not too uncommon) I did my DW-5600 in yellow and it was much harder sourcing the parts.

    Here's some pics of my DW-5xxx restorations.
    DW-5200 with a 240 module(This one I sold recently)






    DW-5600C with the older 691 module. I still have this one and it's in regular rotation. I live the looks of this watch.






    Batteries are not too hard to come by. They come up as discontinued cells, but if cross-referenced properly there is an updated version available.

    Cheers!
    Mike
    Thank you for the pics and the information..very helpful. The watch looks great,my watch looks very new face does not evan have one mark. I dont feel the watch was worn at all. Still has the glue on the back. Can you tell me what you sold yours for, if thats ok to ask you. Thanks Lerad

  9. #8
    Member halfapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200

    Quote Originally Posted by lerad View Post
    I have DW-5200. That is in great shape.It has the glue still on it from the original sticker on back. The bezel has a crack. the band is perfect original casio japan. It needs a new battery. Can you please tell me the best place to get a new bezel and change the battery. I may want to sell it..Thanks
    It's worth a lot (more than $100) as a collectors item if the crystal is not scratched.

    Be super careful if you change the battery. After you open the case, you'll see that the battery is held in by a small clip. The clip does NOT require force to remove, and it is easy to bend or break. Just lift/push one end of the clip very carefully with a tiny screwdriver, and it should come off easily.

    Once you put in a new battery, you have to short the small exposed "AC" symbol with the back of the battery for 2 seconds. If you don't have special tools you can improvise using a staple from your stapler.

    DO NOT take it to the local jeweler unless you trust them 100%, many of them don't know how to handle these vintage Casio watches. And no matter what you do, do not never never never send vintage Casio to the Casio service center.



    When changing the bezel, BE CAREFUL with the bezel screws. If you break or strip the bezel screw, you just lost 90% of the watch's value. And to make matters worse, 90% of old bezel screws will break/strip when you try to remove it.

    The DW-5600C bezel and band will fit perfectly to a DW-5200, so don't look for a DW-5200 bezel. Just look for a DW-5600C bezel.

    A new bezel and band can be had on ebay or from Casio directly.
    Call Casio's service center, they'll sell it to you for dirt cheap. I think it is $5.50 for bezel but it takes minimum 2 weeks for delivery and you have to pay shipping. Otherwise, Just look for the DW-5600C bezel on ebay.


    Here's an article I wrote about my personal experience with a DW-5000, which is pretty much identical to your DW-5200.
    http://watches.gafortiby.com/watch/C...k_DW_5000_240/
    Disclaimer: I benefit financially from this site but I'm just trying to provide information here.
    Last edited by halfapie; February 20th, 2009 at 19:08.
    My Rotation:
    Hamilton Khaki (2804), Khaki (2824) x3, Linwood (2824), Khaki (7750), Vintage (7750), Vintage Khaki King (2824)
    Fortis Flieger (2824)
    Seiko SCVS015 (6R15), SARB031 (6R15), SKX013 (7S26), SSB003 (6T63), 5M22-6C20, 5M22-6C30
    Tissot Carson (2824), T-Touch Titanium
    Many Self-assembled pieces
    about 100 Casio watches from the 70~90's.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    420

    Re: Both sites mentioned are great sources for NOS parts.....

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHippie1968 View Post
    I figured that I would mention that the bezel and band parts for the DW-5200C are the same part # as the DW-5600C. I was lucky to source mine from a member of another forum. My DW-5200 was black(not too uncommon) I did my DW-5600 in yellow and it was much harder sourcing the parts.

    Here's some pics of my DW-5xxx restorations.
    DW-5200 with a 240 module(This one I sold recently)






    DW-5600C with the older 691 module. I still have this one and it's in regular rotation. I live the looks of this watch.






    Batteries are not too hard to come by. They come up as discontinued cells, but if cross-referenced properly there is an updated version available.

    Cheers!
    Mike
    Can you tell me where you got that yelloe bezel? I have a DW5600c yellow and the bezel & bang need to be replace

    Thanks

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    420

    Re: Vintage g-shock 240..DW5200

    Quote Originally Posted by halfapie View Post
    It's worth a lot (more than $100) as a collectors item if the crystal is not scratched.

    Be super careful if you change the battery. After you open the case, you'll see that the battery is held in by a small clip. The clip does NOT require force to remove, and it is easy to bend or break. Just lift/push one end of the clip very carefully with a tiny screwdriver, and it should come off easily.

    Once you put in a new battery, you have to short the small exposed "AC" symbol with the back of the battery for 2 seconds. If you don't have special tools you can improvise using a staple from your stapler.

    DO NOT take it to the local jeweler unless you trust them 100%, many of them don't know how to handle these vintage Casio watches. And no matter what you do, do not never never never send vintage Casio to the Casio service center.



    When changing the bezel, BE CAREFUL with the bezel screws. If you break or strip the bezel screw, you just lost 90% of the watch's value. And to make matters worse, 90% of old bezel screws will break/strip when you try to remove it.

    The DW-5600C bezel and band will fit perfectly to a DW-5200, so don't look for a DW-5200 bezel. Just look for a DW-5600C bezel.

    A new bezel and band can be had on ebay or from Casio directly.
    Call Casio's service center, they'll sell it to you for dirt cheap. I think it is $5.50 for bezel but it takes minimum 2 weeks for delivery and you have to pay shipping. Otherwise, Just look for the DW-5600C bezel on ebay.


    Here's an article I wrote about my personal experience with a DW-5000, which is pretty much identical to your DW-5200.
    http://watches.gafortiby.com/watch/C...k_DW_5000_240/
    Disclaimer: I benefit financially from this site but I'm just trying to provide information here.


    Why not send vintage Casio to the Casio service center?
    Do they keep them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •