Vintage pickup: Casio CMD40 remote watch
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Vintage pickup: Casio CMD40 remote watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage pickup: Casio CMD40 remote watch

Hey friends, I wanted to show you guys a vintage Casio I just picked up. I've wanted one of these (earlier models actually) since I was a kid, and my interest was recently rekindled by our fellow member kosio in this thread : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...n-2491146.html

It took a bit of searching, but I finally found one in almost like new condition.

I plan on wearing it around the house and using it to control the volume on our TVs, as well as for when I go through the house at night to turn everything off. All of our 8 TVs are Sony, and luckily all of them use the same remote code (from the 65" LED down to the old 36" tube TV in the game room we use for classic Nintendo gaming).

Here it is:

with a couple of Sony credit card style remotes I have picked up over the years

Re: Vintage pickup: Casio CMD40 remote watch

Very cool pickup KnL.

When walking through the house turning off the t.v.'s, you will have to make the "Pew, Pew, Pew" sound effect. Or you can say out loud. "I've got Frickin' laser beams shooting out of my hand".

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Hey friends, I wanted to show you guys a vintage Casio I just picked up. I've wanted one of these (earlier models actually) since I was a kid, and my interest was recently rekindled by our fellow member kosio in this thread : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...n-2491146.html

It took a bit of searching, but I finally found one in almost like new condition.

I plan on wearing it around the house and using it to control the volume on our TVs, as well as for when I go through the house at night to turn everything off. All of our 8 TVs are Sony, and luckily all of them use the same remote code (from the 65" LED down to the old 36" tube TV in the game room we use for classic Nintendo gaming).

Here it is:

Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Pretty cool grab man. My younger brother had a similar Casio, all black back when they came out and it was quite amusing at family gathering or just playing tricks with tv's anywhere he went. 🏼️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knives and Lint likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! It looks brand new! Brings back memories for sure.

Always wanted one of those too. Wanted to use it when younger to mess with movies shown in school and have the teacher confused. Would have been funny to fellow students but not the teacher though. It's a good thing it was such an expensive watch at the time so I wasn't able to play pranks with one.
    Knives and Lint and Rocat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Very cool pickup KnL.

When walking through the house turning off the t.v.'s, you will have to make the "Pew, Pew, Pew" sound effect. Or you can say out loud. "I've got Frickin' laser beams shooting out of my hand".
    LMAO...That just made my day...well, that and the mailman

Quote Originally Posted by CK89101 View Post
    Pretty cool grab man. My younger brother had a similar Casio, all black back when they came out and it was quite amusing at family gathering or just playing tricks with tv's anywhere he went. ️
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
    Congratulations! It looks brand new! Brings back memories for sure.

Always wanted one of those too. Wanted to use it when younger to mess with movies shown in school and have the teacher confused. Would have been funny to fellow students but not the teacher though. It's a good thing it was such an expensive watch at the time so I wasn't able to play pranks with one.

Thanks guys! Yea, I remember wanting one so badly at the local (long out of business) Service Merchandise store, but I never got the money up to get one. I had visions of changing the channel to my favorite shows at restaurants and screwing with the TV's in the electronics section of stores. Definitely brings back memories of how fun Casio's seemed to me as a child.

Wow haven't heard Service Merchandise mentioned in forever. Had one in my neck of the woods as well as other long lost stores like Caldors and Bradlees here in the Northeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are actually a couple of these in a store nearby, NOS on rubber for around $60 at current exchange rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Here it is:

Great pick, K&L...I have mostly seen these watches with resin bands, this one with a metal bracelet looks lot more exclusive!!!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Nice score there, K&L. I remember those -- and a friend of mine had one; annoyed some bar patrons one night as he kept turning the TV off, then would turn it back on just before the bartender pressed the button. Everyone was perplexed... and the culprit was never revealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CK89101 View Post
    Wow haven't heard Service Merchandise mentioned in forever. Had one in my neck of the woods as well as other long lost stores like Caldors and Bradlees here in the Northeast.
    Yep, I remember those Service Merchandise stores. Bought a few CASIO watches through them, and some assorted electronics. They had really decent prices and great catalogs. I'd collected a bunch of their catalogs back in the 80's and was digging around at my folk's house to find them... only to learn that the box I put them in ended up tossed. "That box had nothing but really old catalogs and flyers. Why would you want to keep that?" said my mother.
    The Service Merchandise catalogs had some great images of old CASIO watches... sure would've been nice to have those.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Congrats!
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information