Wademan, Seaman and Pulsar

Thread: Wademan, Seaman and Pulsar

Wademan, Seaman and Pulsar

I got these 3 new ones in. The Pulsar is really cool. It's black pvd steel and is a very soild watch. Just some quick pics. I'll take some better ones later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Wademan, Seaman and Pulsar

Congratulations! Excellent watches.

I recollect that Pulsar made the first commercially available digital watch back in the 70's. It had a heavy gold colored case and bracelet. The screen was dark and it was necessary to press a display button to dispaly the time or date in red letters and digits. Time and date only, no other features. All that for about $800.USD!

Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Hi Motorhead and Mike,

Those are great watches!!! I like that rough looking Pulsar. Never seen one like that before. Of course you never can go wrong with a Wademan and Seaman.

Mike, that LED is awesome. I love those style watches, but unfortunately they do not function as I would like to. The LED's only go on when a button is pushed, and I always want to know the time when I'm on my bike to school... $800,- in the 70's... That must have been a great amount around that time!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Motorhead and Mike,

Mike, that LED is awesome. I love those style watches, but unfortunately they do not function as I would like to. The LED's only go on when a button is pushed, and I always want to know the time when I'm on my bike to school... $800,- in the 70's... That must have been a great amount around that time!

Hi Sjors:

$800.USD in the early 70's was quite a bit of money, especially to me since I was newly married, we just had our first child and I was only making an Airman 2nd Class salary. Telly Savalas the actor wore the Pulsar digital in the TV show "Kojak."

That first Pulsar is a real collector's item and I've seen models in good condition sell for several thousand dollars.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

Wink Re: Wademan, Seaman and Pulsar

Hi Mike,

That was indeed a long time ago. As a child I watch Kojak with my parents. A real '70's icon.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Mike,

That was indeed a long time ago. As a child I watch Kojak with my parents. A real '70's icon.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Yup, very long ago. I had just come back from my third tour in SE Asia. I really liked "Kojak." He was bald before it was fashionable, always had a tootsie pop in his mouth and his favorite saying was, "Who loves ya, baby." Great times!
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

Thread Information