Want a G9300-1...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sedi

Thread: Want a G9300-1...

Want a G9300-1...

I'm wanting to get a G9300-1. I love the features, the size, and it looks great. Any issues with this model I should be aware of? Found a great price on one. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Re: Want a G9300-1...

I am wearing mine now, just in from a pre-dawn run in town, which is one of the uses for which I selected it. If your price is under $134.49, it is better than what I found on xxbay three weeks ago. I like the watch - solar, with current time shown in stopwatch and countdown modes, and both sets of digits visible in most mixed lighting situations. Also, when needed, pressing the light illuminates the entire face of the watch. Buttons are a bit stiff, but by no means impossible. The manual, usually not a strong point of Casios, is remarkably clear and complete about compass use, and the moon phase indicator is fun. All Casio alarms are inaudible to me. World time is there for those who want it. Since I do not care for anything conspicuous, I muted the writing on the plastic with a felt pen that also darkened the screw heads. It seems to be about 5/8" high off my wrist, which is too much for many cuff buttons, but fine under a jacket or sweater. If I lost this one, I would buy another. Good luck with your decision.

I got one... i highly recommend it.. abit big for my wrist but still comfortable. i was going to purchase the rangeman, but it sits way to big for my 6.75" wrist and showing large gaps on the side while the g9300 sits well and hug the wrist very nice.

the feature is superb and i love the moonphase... it alert me when a full moon gonna come up so i can be prepared with all those loonatic/madness activity that usually happened in the full moon hehehe..

the legibility is fine since i got the positif display, but i wish the the digits are bigger... but so far i have no problem reading the display.

got mine for about $166... yes abit expensive, but i still happy to get it than a rangeman.. i tend to use only my comfortable G.

so far i got no single trouble with mine and the accuracy is about +5 in a month.

goodluck MN.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a gw-9300 that I love. I still find myself wearing it often despite also owning a 9400 (mudman is on my wrist now). I noticed a couple of threads on here where people had an issue with their 9300's resetting when they went into power save mode, or when they were not exposed to light. It seems to only occur on a small percent of the population, and mostly with the non-atomic. Not trying to deter you, but just wanted to let you know I've heard about this flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by njb242 View Post
    I have a gw-9300 that I love. I still find myself wearing it often despite also owning a 9400 (mudman is on my wrist now). I noticed a couple of threads on here where people had an issue with their 9300's resetting when they went into power save mode, or when they were not exposed to light. It seems to only occur on a small percent of the population, and mostly with the non-atomic. Not trying to deter you, but just wanted to let you know I've heard about this flaw.
    I saw those threads, too. Mine shows no sign of trouble, and it is in and out of the full dark often. I wonder if there is an explanation/fix buried in the manual somewhere, or in the knowledge of someone here, that has just not surfaced.

Thanks guys! I will pull the trigger tomorrow then.

Quote Originally Posted by MNash87 View Post
    Thanks guys! I will pull the trigger tomorrow then.
    Please post your evaluation of the watch after you have it. And please take a look at the compass section of the manual. A couple of times a year, I teach a class in wilderness route finding with map and compass, not GPS. I'm pretty familiar with most of the instructional books, media and websites. Surprisingly, the Casio manual explains bearings more clearly and briefly than anything else available. I will migrate some of their text into my next class. Your opinion of that part of the manual, particularly, would be welcome. The watch compass is nothing like the Brunton or Silva orienteering models I use and recommend, but after it is set up, it is a few steps above the floating dial compasses that many hikers take into the wilderness as backups to their GPS devices.
    Last edited by Godan; February 2nd, 2014 at 22:56.

I'm still very happy with mine - I even like some things about it better than on the Rangeman - the buttons might be harder to press but they are easier to reach because they're not recessed. And it has EL-illumination while the Rangeman has LED. The G-9300 has also far better buttons than the older Mudman design (the 90XX models) and it hugs the wrist very nicely despite looking like a hockey-puck with a strap attached . Still very comfy though. Digits might look small compared to the case but they are in fact only a fraction smaller than on the Rangeman and Riseman - you hardly notice a difference when comparing them. So far mine runs perfectly - no issues whatsoever. A nice detail - the screws for the strap and bezel are black - even on the standard model G-9300-1.

cheers, Sedi
    MNash87 and Rocat like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information