Wanted: Atomic, Solar, negative display in 6900!

Thread: Wanted: Atomic, Solar, negative display in 6900!

Wanted: Atomic, Solar, negative display in 6900!

I know there is the GW-6900BC with composite bracelet, but I don't want to spend that much and moreso don't want or need the composite bracelet.

I've got a GW-7900B with a great display. I changed up the resin to glossy white for my stormtrooper mod. I'm going to try to order some G-7900 in matte white to dye and also some KG resin (olive drab).

I'd like to do this for an atomic solar 6900 with negative display. Does it exist? I've only seen the G-6900KG...

Thanks!
    Neil

Re: Wanted: Atomic, Solar, negative display in 6900!

well there's a few options...there's a gw6900kg, which was a japan-only release i believe, quite overpriced if you ask me. Also there's the matte red resin "burning red" gw6900rd-4, very rare and incredibly expensive. There's also a couple gw6900's that are negative displays, but they're red. one is the gw6900f-7 white resin w/ red/white negative display and there's a rare black one i forget the model number, but that has the red/white display/digits....i hope this helps somewhat.

I do like the GW-6900F...will have to check out some real photos to ensure readability.

I suppose if I keep the GW-7900B, the G-6900KG would be a solid choice, and way less expensive.

Neil

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yeah, i'm just not a huge fan of the kg series. I have a gw6900a-9...and a gw6900a-7 (white and yellow) I saw someone who did a mod on the yellow one, and make it a negative. I would die for that. I would want to learn how to do it myself, but i'd be afraid I'd screw it up, and then be out my gw6900a-9 (yellow) which are really rare and high priced, and it's one of my favorite watches in my collection.

I am normally a yellow freak, but the white GW-6900 was a real winner for me.

The negative G-6900KG are pretty cheap now and I suppose the GW-6900 resin should be fairly inexpensive... keep forgetting to call Casio before 5 pm EST!

Neil

Thread Information