• DW5600 base digital

23 79.31%
  • Other

3 10.34%
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Which Watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Which Watch?

I'm taking a trip to Bali in 3 weeks and I think I should not bring my nicer watch along.
    I'm deciding between TWO GShock watches.
    There'll be snorkeling and mucking about.
    I'm male, 40ish and have 6.5" wrists.

The choices are:
    Name:  bgd140-1a-1.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  47.5 KB
    BDG140

Name:  g100-1bv-1.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  56.4 KB
    G100

Name:  DW-5600E-1VER.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  99.3 KB
    DW5600

Is there another sub $100 Gshock that could be recommended?
    my current daily wearer is
    Name:  NG-020.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  143.9 KB
    it is rated to 10ATM but I did not want to risk abrading it against sand.
    Last edited by imaCoolRobot; March 19th, 2016 at 23:07. Reason: fixed the GA100 to G100
    Phantasm likes this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Re: Which Watch?

Very wise not bringing the Nomos to the beach. Every G is fine really. From these G's I would pick the DW5600. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by chuasam View Post
    Is there another sub $100 Gshock that could be recommended?
    There are a TON of other sub-$100 G-Shocks out there (depending on where you live and where you're shopping) with a wide variety of features, but it's hard to make recommendations unless we know more of what you're going to use your watch for.

Is it JUST going to be for your vacation? If so, there's no point spending $89 for a solar/atomic version of the DW-5600 that won't receive a radio signal in Bali. On the other hand, if you want a tough, dependable watch for after you get home -- that will synch to the US atomic clock every night and even adjust itself for DST -- it might be worth it, or if you want or need multiple alarms on one watch it has those too! (I'm a solar/atomic fan, so for a smaller wrist I'll also suggest the GW-2310.)
    GaryK30 and domoon like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    There are a TON of other sub-$100 G-Shocks out there (depending on where you live and where you're shopping) with a wide variety of features, but it's hard to make recommendations unless we know more of what you're going to use your watch for.

Is it JUST going to be for your vacation? If so, there's no point spending $89 for a solar/atomic version of the DW-5600 that won't receive a radio signal in Bali. On the other hand, if you want a tough, dependable watch for after you get home -- that will synch to the US atomic clock every night and even adjust itself for DST -- it might be worth it, or if you want or need multiple alarms on one watch it has those too! (I'm a solar/atomic fan, so for a smaller wrist I'll also suggest the GW-2310.)
    I can also recommend the GW-2310 (positive display), which I own. It's reasonably small and built like a little battle tank. It has good functionality for the money. It's my go-to watch when I don't want to damage one of my better watches.

My son has the Blacked out Baby G. I'd get that. It looks nice and stealthy and will take a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GPW-1000RAF-1AJR (Gravitymaster - RAF)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GWG-1000RD-4AJF (Mudmaster - Red Band)
    GWG-1000-1A9JF (Mudmaster - Yellow Band)
    GWG-1000-1A3JF (Mudmaster - Green Band)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post

My previous holiday watch was the GA110 but that was literally eaten by my dog. I live in Vancouver BC and the signal on a waveceptor is kinda spotty.

The watch is really just a beater watch to use for the trip. I don't quite like the aesthetics of the 2310. The 5600 is kinda boring. My brother who is also going with me got himself the MT-G G1000 cuz he's ridiculous like that.

Not diving but lots of beach fun and eating is in the works.
    idkfa likes this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Never mind
    Last edited by gaijin; March 19th, 2016 at 21:40.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Track40 View Post
    My son has the Blacked out Baby G. I'd get that. It looks nice and stealthy and will take a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's currently my front runner
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Never mind
    Heh what
    ― Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by chuasam View Post
    My previous holiday watch was the GA110 but that was literally eaten by my dog.
    If you used to have a GA-110, it sounds like we don't have to worry about sticking with smaller G-Shocks!

If you don't want or need features like "atomic," that just leaves a whole lot of "normal battery" powered models, which you've probably already looked over. For beach fun and snorkelling, which both imply "plenty of sand," I'd look at some of the cheaper classic models like the "kinda boring" DW-5600E but maybe in a different colorway, or one of the many differently colored DW-6900 or DW9052's, but either of the above choices are good too.

However, the second watch that you have pictured is NOT a GA-100: GA100-1A4 - G-Shock, Mens, Tough, Water Resistant, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

The watch pictured is the slightly smaller G-100: G100-1BV - G-Shock, Mens, Tough, Water Resistant, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.
    Last edited by Mike K; March 19th, 2016 at 22:47.

I had actually meant the G100
    I am wanting something with a modicum of cuteness hahah
    my final choices are
    Name:  x354-q80.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  19.2 KB
    Name:  s-l300.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  19.8 KB

I'll be heading to a store to see both in person before buying.
    Last edited by imaCoolRobot; March 19th, 2016 at 23:51.
    Phantasm and Mike K like this.
    ― Seneca

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information