Watch Case idea

Thread: Watch Case idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up Watch Case idea

Hey all,

A few weeks back I saw a post from Brad15470 with a picture of his solar G's charging outside. They were in this very elegant aluminum case which he said he got from a hardware store. I thought it was a great idea and put it in the back of my mind as a possible future project. Well, I happened to go to my local Home Depot to get some 2x4's for a repair project at home and decided to take a look for this case. I found it almost on the way out. There were a couple of different colors including blue and red, but I decided on the black. I got some foam and silk from a local fabric store and put this together in 2 hours.

Thanks for the idea Brad15470!:thanks

-Javier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Watch Case idea

Great work! I was thinking about getting one from ebay.

My wife is always sewing things and use to craft a LOT I gona ask her to make one a these up for me great idead !!! I got a few nice really nice watch boxes to nice thou to take outside !!! This would be pefect IMHO thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by javier1701
    Hey all,

A few weeks back I saw a post from Brad15470 with a picture of his solar G's charging outside. They were in this very elegant aluminum case which he said he got from a hardware store. I thought it was a great idea and put it in the back of my mind as a possible future project. Well, I happened to go to my local Home Depot to get some 2x4's for a repair project at home and decided to take a look for this case. I found it almost on the way out. There were a couple of different colors including blue and red, but I decided on the black. I got some foam and silk from a local fabric store and put this together in 2 hours.

-Javier
    Hope ya didn't use HOT Glue it a melt and come lose in the sun !!!! If ya did Maybe you can freeze it break it off and go to a Woodworking store like Woodcraft and buy a bottle of Thick CA aka SUPER glue but better and thick is much easier to work with ! us wood freaks use it a LOT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pipes
    Hope ya didn't use HOT Glue it a melt and come lose in the sun !!!! If ya did Maybe you can freeze it break it off and go to a Woodworking store like Woodcraft and buy a bottle of Thick CA aka SUPER glue but better and thick is much easier to work with ! us wood freaks use it a LOT !!!
    Thanks for the heads up pipes. Actually I used Magna-Tac which is meant for fabrics and foam. It worked great. :thanks

Hey all,

-Javier
    All I can say is WOW!

I've been trying to solve the G-case problem myself, and have spent way more time "crafting" and didn't come close to looking as good as that! Way to go!

Neil

Hey all,

-Javier
    Hi Javier,

Your welcome,

WOW your case looks better than mine; the black looks very cool; having your "G"s all in one place does make it easy.

Brad
    Brad
    Have a great day.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Great cases guys

Love Brad's G-Shock case for a G-Shock watch:-D

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    Great cases guys

Love Brad's G-Shock case for a G-Shock watch:-D

Thanks Ozzie

Now I need a big G-shock sticker for the front of the case:-D

Brad
    Brad
    Have a great day.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by brad15470
    Thanks Ozzie

Now I need a big G-shock sticker for the front of the case:-D

Brad
    Hi Brad -

I wish I would have known. I once had a stack of G-SHOCK stickers whilst living in Japan but gave them all away

I shall remember next time I go through the boxes in-case I find one as It would look awesome on the front

Maybe Sjors has a spareB-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information