This watch is dangerous for your health....

Thread: This watch is dangerous for your health....

This watch is dangerous for your health....

Well maybe not for me but I'm guessing the original owner had to smoke his way through quite a few packs to get this!!!

Anyway I was down in Nagoya yesterday meeting a friend and had some spare time to check my favourite watch store. As some of you may have noticed I like the limited edition models that are very popular over here. So I had to have it.

Just like the other ones I've been able to pick up it never been worn!!!
    The only disappointing thing is that it didn't come with any of its packaging...
    Its strange that its in such good condition without its box

I got a PS3 on Saturday so I'm thinking about selling it as I'm trying to save up some money for a decent TV to go with it

Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink Re: This watch is dangerous for your health....

Hi Steve,

A PS3... Sounds you will be much on-line then The Lucky Strike is a great looking watch, but as you have stated a bit double sided....

Casio (and many other Japanese companies) try to keep up a healthy and enviromental friendly image. I was just on the Asahi Brewery page and saw they also want to have a healthy image. Well, Drinking one or two beers a few times a week isn't dangerous for your health, but excessive drinking of the youth is a hot topic now in my country.

I don't smoke myself (I'm a bit asmatic, so I also avoid smokey places), but I like the watch a lot.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Inactive

Re: This watch is dangerous for your health....

Nice watch! You are a lucky guy! What's next in your list?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I know what you are saying Sjors. I'm not sure if countries in Europe would be allowed to give such incentives these days.
    When I go into any of the convenience stores over here I'm surrounded by various tobacco promotions. You can get some really good things. I'm not a smoker either but I'm certainly tempted to be!!!!!
    Thanks a lot for the pics its nice t see how the whole package should look. I should have thought to check your site first. It looks like you have every model ever made!!!

Steve

Ha ha, Steve,

This watch was well hidden. I couldn't find it myself firtst too...

Although advertising smoking people there are still a lot people smoking here, although the numbers are decreasing. It is not as in the US, but the rules are going to be sharper in the future. I'm quiet curious. Do people still smoke a lot in Japan? I always thought Japanese people cared a lot about their health...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks SideWinger. I have no idea what I will get next. I just go down with an open mind and if something catches my eye I get it. I'm really lucky being over here. Its really easy to get any standard model in the stores but I like picking up the limited editions. I noticed this one firstly because of the metal inserts in the strap and after looking closer noticed it was limited model with an interesting theme.

I'm still hoping to find a Dawn Black frogman so if they have one on my next visit, that
    will be my next watch!!!

Both men and women still smoke heavily. Women not so much in public though. I think there are a few rules on where you can and cannot smoke though. I was quite surprised
    when I started teaching last year to see many of the male teachers (even principals) smoking in full view of the students outside!!!
    With regards to health it puzzles me quite a bit too. Most people are very health conscious. You don't even see many overweight people around so why so many continue to smoke is a mystery. I have read though that you can counteract some of the effects of smoking by drinking large quantities of green tea which everyone drinks.
    So for all you smokers get drinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    I have read though that you can counteract some of the effects of smoking by drinking large quantities of green tea which everyone drinks. So for all you smokers get drinking!!!
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. It's indeed amazing and something I wouldn't have expected.

Cheers,

Sjors

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. It's indeed amazing and something I wouldn't have expected.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Not only is the food over here delicious but its also very healthy. I've also heard that risk of getting certain cancers goes up if Japanese people live outside the country for a long period of time and have a different diet. So its no surprise that the Japanese have the longest life expectancy in the world........

Thread Information