Watch Storage/Display cases
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Watch Storage/Display cases

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Watch Storage/Display cases

Apologies if this is (yet another) repeat of a regular topic - I run a non-watch forum and know topics come around again and again, irritating long-standing members each time.

And I'm posting here because I'm thinking we have potential problems not encountered with some other brands i.e. size.

My collection is heading for double figures very soon and I've my non-Casio watches rattling about in a box (yes, including a Breitling and I'm not happy about that) while my Gs are all in their respective tins. But neither storage option appeals long term. So I've browsed Ebay (shudder) and other places to find watch boxes like these:

Name:  315Sf-AWQSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 4735
Size:  15.6 KB for £30

Or

this for about the same price

I'm a little concerned that you throw a few Protreks at it and perhaps they might not all fit?

So any thoughts and recommendations ? (I'd like one with a clear top so the solar watches can recharge through it while the others work on their tans). Oh and I'm not spending £50+ on it.

Re: Watch Storage/Display cases

If you have more than 10 watches, better to buy the 15-watch box case.

Only concern for me is the quality of that 15-watch case.
    Doesn't seem to be as robust as the 10-watch case.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

I too have just started looking at some more storage, and was pleasantly surprised to see the prices seem to be coming down.

Youll be happy to know that even the biggest of my watches fit with ease.

This case was a tad more than your 50 quid budget, it's made by a company called Dulwich. I bought it locally and can PM you details if need be, seems we live in the same area.
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Collect London Pirate Girl, Collect London Aztec Skull, Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Turbokolor, Krink, Kawasaki 25th anniversary, Kawasaki (green), DGK, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, Playclothes, DGK2, [email protected], Nigel Sylvester 2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

The pic is old, but at the time I had two boxes like this:

If you have too many watches (like any normal human being should), these big boxes are a must. The other (more expensive) option would be a big Pelican case or one of those cool briefcases.

Waaaay cooler IMO, but the big ones are too expensive.
    Last edited by LUW; May 12th, 2012 at 14:37.
    andrew&7 likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I do have a Pelican case but it's for camera gear and the size of a normal suitcase. She'd go apeshit if that was filled with G-Shocks...............

.......... but just imagine.

There's a thread topic - which models would you fill a suitcase sized case with?
    Bubbly Tubs likes this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

How's about one big display case, after all it is nice to see your purchases

solar g-shocker likes this.
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Collect London Pirate Girl, Collect London Aztec Skull, Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Turbokolor, Krink, Kawasaki 25th anniversary, Kawasaki (green), DGK, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, Playclothes, DGK2, [email protected], Nigel Sylvester 2

I picked this up from Maplin for £20 has pick and pluck foam so you can choose where the watches go and how much space they need, as far as solar goes just keep em in rotation and they get enough charge to keep going and go to sleep in the case so save energy.
    Name:  case1.jpg
Views: 5168
Size:  401.1 KB

Name:  case2.jpg
Views: 6488
Size:  441.0 KB

I've just bought a couple of these to hold 20 - from wheesh.com (free P&P - they are on ebay too but for more) but I'll probably sort something out for the solars. there are smaller and bigger ones in the range - called "Dulwich" in black or brown leather

Last edited by MDPlatts; May 12th, 2012 at 22:52.

I had a Fossil watch box, but as you said, I had the problem where my bigger watches were banging together. I replaced it with this Diplomat 20 watch box from Amazon, and I'm very happy with it...the slots are big enough for a GX-56 King G-Shock, so everything else fits as well.
    Name:  81qovY9QfaL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 15315
Size:  139.8 KB
    Last edited by outbackwatchgeek; May 13th, 2012 at 13:10.
    StephenWatch likes this.

I posted my solution here last year....

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/new...vy-574689.html
    n_wildgirl and Bubbly Tubs like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast