Watch strap compass?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Watch strap compass?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch strap compass?

I am thinking about getting one of those 'watch strap compasses' for my G 9000 Mudman. Does anyone have one? If so, do they decrease the comfort of the strap? Also, can anyone recommend one that they are pleased with? Thanks. (My apologies if this subject has already been covered in another thread; I DID do a search, but I was not able to find anything on watch strap compasses.)

Re: Watch strap compass?

I have one that came with a used square, didn't seem to affect the fit and feel of the watch at all.
    No clue as to the brand of it though.

I purchased compasses for my G-Shocks from Amazon over a year ago and have worked great with no issues. They fit fine and don't add any extra thickness to the underside of the strap. I bought these: Type-III 4pc Liquid Filled Slip-on Compass Set for Watchband or Paracord Bracelets (2nd Gen) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Used to have one on my ex gw6900, tbh it doesnt look very good.

Name:  tC0drSD.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  153.9 KB

For a more streamlined look, the ones that are built-in to the straps looks better imho
    My ex f105w

Name:  42s4nIf.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  154.6 KB

Thanks, everyone, I'm going to do some more research.

I have no experience with them, but if I were looking I would check out countycomm or maybe one of the military watch companies like Marathon or Suunto as perhaps having ones of higher quality than a no-name cheapo off of Amazon.

Sun brand seem to be pretty good. I've tried a few different ones out there, but many are either expensive, don't fit well, or form a bubble too early in their lifespan. If Sunnto made one with a better band attachment, I would consider that one as well, but it's a slip on thing that can get knocked off if not careful.

Name:  P1110002.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.00 MB

I put 'em on all my daily wear watches. Great for travelling.

The only problem some of them have is that they get large bubbles which become trapped underneath the compass disc. This is a design fault - the disc should either be smaller, or have holes in it to allow for this. One of my Suuntos has this fault. You can shake it vigorously (yes, people do notice!) to break up the bubble into smaller ones, which can escape the underside, allowing the compass to function. The other Suunto does not have this problem.

I also use the generic ones you can find on eB*y, bought in batches. usually one in 6 or so doesn't work. I even have one where North and South are reversed. I was going to give that one to a friend as a joke, but haven't got around to it yet.

One thing: the ones that open up, are very insecure, and will fall off. I attach them using small doubled loops made of bicycle inner tubes. They are 90 degrees from the intended application. Very secure. Sorry for the not so great pics of them.

Name:  P1110002.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.00 MB

Yep indeed, in the urban jungle, wouldn't leave the house without it LOL

Name:  suunto compass.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  1.42 MB
    buddhashenglong likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I found a pretty cool looking one, it is called the Cammenga WC-10 ( https://cammenga.com/product/compass...compass-wc-10/ ), only problem is it is a bit expensive. Also, the loops which hold it on look a little big; looks like it would move around a lot. I like the Suunto that slides/clips on, but everyone says those come off too easily. (Thanks zabat for the suggestion.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information