WatchBand GA 100

Thread: WatchBand GA 100

Confused WatchBand GA 100

Hello everybody, first of all, let apologize me, my English isn't so great. I come from Belgium (EU) and I piece of advices from expert.

Few monthes ago I offered me my G shock Ga 100, I bought around 100usd(+/- 80€) on amazon. I really love it. I used to take my shower everyday with it, I went into Sea of Sicily with it, did sport and so all.
    Unfortunately, after 6 monthes of use I realised that my band was broken. I was really disappointed, i believed I bought an indestructible watch, I was wrong.
    And warranty does'nt work for band... I decided to buy another one, but it was around 40€! I am not stingy but I don't want to pay half price of my watch to a band who only works 6 monthes.

So I am looking to other way to fix it. I heard about Nato Adaptors (not available in EU), but I don't know wich size do I have to buy.
    Or maybe do you suggest me other solutions for my band?

Amazon.com: G Shock Combination Miltary Watch-Matte Black model number is GA-100-1A1CU: Casio: Watches
    All details are available on this link.

People said you are really qualified about watch, I hope he wasn't lying and that you really could help me.

Regards, from Belgium!

Re: WatchBand GA 100

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello friends. Thank you very much for your whole answers. It's kind to help me.
    I guess I have not been clear enough. I'am looking for another way that silicon band. Because those bands get broken after few monthes of uses (less than 6!).

I hope you could help me to find nato adaptor, because I don't kwow wich adapters I have to take. Or perhaps you may help me to find velcro original black band for my watch. Or if you have any other idea, like metal band I 'm listenning to it.

Thank you for your help and I hope my English level is good enough to get understand!

EDIT: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-G-Sh...item19d34c8835
    Can I put this band on my watch?
    Last edited by guizmours; December 28th, 2012 at 12:51.

Welcome, guizmours! Your English is fine and we are glad you have joined the forum.

Perhaps this link will be helpful to you in your search. Bands and Strap Adapters - G-Shock Wiki | casio watch resources

I have one NATO adapter that I got on a used watch and like it a lot. Good luck in your search. Cheers, Bill P.

Thank you for your answer. I went on this website a couple of times. Sadly I don't understand anything because I don't understand wich size I have to take. The band is 22mm and the Width noticed on amazon is 16.90mm. So I don't understand what size for the adapter.

I had a crush on a website http://www.broadarrow.net/elitesamp2.jpg Maratac Band
    Unfortunately the maratac elite true size, is 20mm. And I am looking for 22mm with 16 mm at the springbar end
    Last edited by guizmours; December 28th, 2012 at 14:02.

The strap adaptors are two pieces that fit the 16 mm lug on G-Shock 5600. They will fit GA100 too. The product page is something like this.

http://www.countycomm.com/adapter.html

Then you can find a ZULU or NATO with 22 or 24 mm to use with the adaptor.

The composite band that you show will work too but you'll have to trim the end to be 16 mm to fit the G-Shock lug.

I got some adaptors and the bands from Westcoasttime on eBay as well.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1356717931594.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  70.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post

The composite band that you show will work too but you'll have to trim the end to be 16 mm to fit the G-Shock lug.
    How to trim it properly? It might be more fragile, isn't it?

Thank you for your answer, I followed your advices and I have just bought Frogman adaptors on Westcoastime and a low price Nato with 4 black rings. I'am going to take a real nylon band (Rhino or zulu) if I really enjoy the new look of my G shock !

Quote Originally Posted by guizmours View Post
    How to trim it properly? It might be more fragile, isn't it?
    The material of this composite band is like thick rubber. You can use a sharp knife to cut in the edges from the side. It works but it will have less strength due to less holding area. For every day use, it should be fine.

Thread Information