Watches and Activity Trackers
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Watches and Activity Trackers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watches and Activity Trackers

I think I posed this question once before, a year or two ago, in connection with the Nike FuelBand.

(I ultimately found the Nike cool and helpful, but ultimately a bit too bulky and inflexible to wear all day every day. It also, for some reason, aggravated a recurrent patch of eczema I tend to get on the inside of my left wrist in the winter. )

I long since switched to FitBits and recently it a FitBit Flex , which is worn on the wrist.

So, for any fellow tracker users (FitBit Flex, Jawbone Up, FuelBand, etc.) a question. Do you wear your tracker on the same wrist as your watch or on the opposite wrist? Why?

I started with the Flex on my dominant (left) wrist. I wear my watch in my right. It is comfortable enough to wear on my dominant wrist, but I am not sure I love the look of having stuff on both wrists. Today, I experimented with the FitBit on the same wrist as a G. And, even if that works, it may not work with a more formal watch.

Ottovonn likes this.

Re: Watches and Activity Trackers

I don't know what is activity tracker, but I think it looks great.

I like it when people wear a watch and a custom bracelet on the same wrist, either left or right. Not metalic bracelet, but rubber or custom made ones, I think it kinda makes the watch stand out more. I personally don't like to wear anything else then a watch on wrist, but it looks great on other people

I wear them on separate wrists. I have tried wearing both on one wrist, but ultimately it's just cumbersome, especially with shirts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Up until about 2-3 months ago I was wearing the fuel band on opposite hand for less bulk, I ended up selling the fuelband I felt it didn't conform to my wrist. I did try the band and watch on same hand and I didn't feel any different I just feel weird having 2 things on one wrist and nothing on the other. How flexible is the one your using?

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    Up until about 2-3 months ago I was wearing the fuel band on opposite hand for less bulk, I ended up selling the fuelband I felt it didn't conform to my wrist. I did try the band and watch on same hand and I didn't feel any different I just feel weird having 2 things on one wrist and nothing on the other. How flexible is the one your using?
    The band on the FitBit Flex is very much like a resin strap on a G-Shock or a Timex only narrower. It is slightly asymmetrical to accommodate the little tracker -- which is actually slipped inside a sort of hole on the inside of the band. It is lightweight and comfortable -- particularly in comparison to the FuelBand.

Is there really an "after market" for FuelBands?

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    I have used Fitbit Flex since released. It came with two sizes of band, and it's very light, soft, & comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyy1276 View Post
    I wear them on separate wrists. I have tried wearing both on one wrist, but ultimately it's just cumbersome, especially with shirts.
    Well, i will likely go back to separate wrists. We will see how this experiment goes.

Garden City Park, New York, United States
    I just got. Jawbone up and so far the opposite wrist
    MikeCfromLI

I have gone back to the opposite wrist as well. Far more comfortable.

On the opposite wrist for me; nothing is allowed to mess with how awesome my tsunami is :P
    I've been wearing the same fitness tracker for a month or so. Personally I don't find it all that useful.
    I was a bit enthusiastic at first - I input activities, calories consumption, and water intake...etc.
    Now I am just too lazy to care. Sure it tells me how many hours I slept last night and how many steps I took everyday.
    But I don't really know what to do with those data anyway... and I have to remember to recharge the tracker once in four days or so, which is kind of a hassle.
    The only useful feature to me is the silent vibration alarm.

Name:  DSC07307.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  291.5 KB
    mhammer8 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information