Watches seen while on vacation.

Thread: Watches seen while on vacation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watches seen while on vacation.

Hello All,

I just got back from my honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

Durning my 7 day 6 night stay there, I could not help but to look at the watches that people were wearing.

The only good times that I could get a good look at the watch was when I was either in a line that snaked around or during the times, that I was riding a bus to one of the theme parks.

These are some of the watches that I can confirm:
    2 Rolex Submariners
    1 Invicta Sumariner 8837
    1 Skyhawk A-T - believe in SS. It was bright silver telling me not the TI
    1 DW-5600C - the gent sitting next to me on the plane coming home had one on and it it needed a new bezel.
    1 Mr Giez while in line to ride Test Track. I could not tell which model it was. It was all one of the all black.
    1 Bond Seamaster
    1 Orange Monster - on bracelet
    1 Black Monster - on bracelet

Of note, there was person in the building that I work in that sports a G-9000. I saw the red buttons and asked if it was a mudman and he said that his sister got it for him for X-mas last year.

I brought with me my GW-9200 on strap adapters with a Casio Hyrid strap and a G2300 with strap adapters and a Casio Hybrid strap.

So I was wondering, what watches have you seen on while on vacation?
    Last edited by Yoda2005; September 20th, 2008 at 01:10.

Re: Watches seen while on vacation.

welcome back buddy !!!

sounds like u have a lot of fun. so, do u carry a notepad and write down wat watch u saw?

oh, i always wanted to know this, did you see any Disney characters wearing watches.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by mansrow View Post
    did you see any Disney characters wearing watches.
    Does Mickey Mouse wear a G-Shock watch?? lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome back and congrats! Hope the honeymoon went well. And I also hope your wife didn't mind all that attention you were paying to those watches around you....

Anyway, any pics would be cool! Love HM snaps...

Thumbs Up Re: Watches seen while on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda2005 View Post
    Hello All,

I just got back from my honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

I was wondering what watches have you seen on while on vacation?
    The two best places for watch-spotting while on vacation in Orlando are at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and at the Villas Of Grand Cypress Golf Resort.

Banned

I'll be doing some watch spotting and shopping in Vegas but I have to wait till mid November .

Nice spotting. I hope you saw much more on your honeymoon vacation then other people's wrists.

I have not been on vacation for a while now, so I can report of anything for now.

Interesting info! Living in Hong Kong now, I often "watch-gaze" because people in Hong Kong love their watches. However, most people are into Swiss mechanicals. The most common watches on guys, without a doubt are Panerais nowadays, overtaking the second most popular watch the Rolex Submariners and GMTs...I think you can say literally 4 out of 10 will have one of these two types/brands of watches.

On women, one of the most popular watches are the chanel ceramic watches that come in white...or knock-offs or spin-offs with that look.

This is of course a generalization, as to be fair, in certain areas you just get a ridiulous variety of nice watches from JLCs, APs, IWCs, Glashuttes...

One thing I know though is I might be the only one who sports a Nixon occasionally as they aren't sold here yet.

In general on holidays in Asia (Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, etc.) Rolexes I see the most!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaojam View Post
    In general on holidays in Asia (Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, etc.) Rolexes I see the most!
    Definitely true about the Rollies in Japan. They're everywhere! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Yes, I had plenty of time to enjoy the sites around Walt Disney World. Coming from CA, the one thing that I could not get used to was the humidity. Leave the hotel room and walk about a block and feel like you just got out of the shower again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information