A water, dye and paint question

Thread: A water, dye and paint question

A water, dye and paint question

Hi, please forgive me if this question has been answered already in another thread or if it sounds really dumb ( actually I'm ok with the later).

How durable is my newly dyed and painted DW-6900 when exposed to water? I used Rit dye and Testors model paint. Will it be a rugged as any other G-Shock that I have or will it have to be handled with a little more care?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"If you haven't got to where you are going, you probably aren't there yet", George Carlin

Re: A water, dye and paint question

If the dye isn't leaching onto your arm then it should be OK with water.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks for the response tribe125, that is great to hear. How about the letters that were painted with the Testors model paint? Should they be okay in water as well?

"If you haven't got to where you are going, you probably aren't there yet", George Carlin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would think so. Depends how well you applied it...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

That's good to hear. Thanks again for the assistance. This is a great group of people here.

I've been wearing several G's that have been dyed close to a year, also the letters painted with Testors enamel and even after swimming and snorkling around with them this past summer, still look as good as the day I dyed them, as tribe said, all about how thorough the preperation, and how clean the surfaces were when you painted them.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Hi Sir, I would like to know on how I can paint this part of my watch (encircled in red) so it will look like the second one. and what paint should i use.:) Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by essb3 View Post
    Hi Sir, I would like to know on how I can paint this part of my watch (encircled in red) so it will look like the second one. and what paint should i use.:) Thank you.
    As mentioned above, many members use Testors model paint. If you come from a part of the world where that is not available, then any enamel model paint should be equally as good.

A search of the forum on 'stealthing' should come up with a number of threads on removing the original paint with Goof-Off, nail-polish remover, and similar.

Thread Information