Water intrusion/condensation in 9300 & 9400?
Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By Eric.S
  • 3 Post By WES51
  • 2 Post By kcohS-G
  • 2 Post By Tater2018
  • 2 Post By Gorg Karlo

Thread: Water intrusion/condensation in 9300 & 9400?

Water intrusion/condensation in 9300 & 9400?

Hello. I've read some reviews of both the Mudman 9300 and Rangeman 9400 in which claims are made that there is water intrusion or condensation in these watch at a higher rate than other G shocks. Has anyone heard of or experienced this phenomena? If there is truth to this, what could be causing it; maybe the sensors? Maybe people are working the buttons while submerged? Or, maybe this is untrue. I'm thinking about a Rangeman 9400-1, so any info will be of aid. Thanks.
    DW9052, G9000

Re: Water intrusion/condensation in 9300 & 9400?

If from legit channel, buy it with confidence and wear it in good health. Info overload on internet sometimes can be a bad thing.

When I bought my WS200H for SWIMMING, I found some similar horror stories. Yet, I swim with it for about 2 years now. I press buttons under water (countimg my laps) and have no issues what so ever. And this watch isn't even rated 200m like the Ragneman 9400 or the Mudman 9300.

Last edited by WES51; May 7th, 2019 at 00:32.
    Seikogi, Tetsu Tekubi and Dxnnis like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the GW-9400 Rangeman, use it for recording lap times while swimming. Condensation did happen to my watch. It was winter... I hit the cold indoor pool, swam 2 kilometers, hit the hot shower without removing the watch, and left for work. Outside temperature was like minus 4 celsius. And as soon as I left, my watch started to build condensation inside the case.

I subjected the watch to some very bad temperature swings. I know it's stupid. At the time I was very curious about the watch's limitations.

I removed the condensation by removing the module and drying the inside of the case with a hair dryer. Watch looked like there was no problem... used it like before but paying attention not to repeat my previous stupidity. But months later the module would develop the OPEN error message that the Casio Service Center could not resolve, finally leading to me to replacing the module. In hindsight, I should have just bought a second hand Rangeman.

FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    When I bought my WS200H for SWIMMING, I found some similar horror stories. Yet, I swim with it for about 2 years now. I press buttons under water (countimg my laps) and have no issues what so ever. And this watch isn't even rated 200m like the Ragneman 9400 or the Mudman 9300.

You sir, cured my anxiety i have a ws210 incoming and only noticed the “water intrusion” reviews AFTER watch has been shipped. Big Thanks!
    WES51 and Dxnnis like this.

Judging from these comments, it seems as if the G-Shocks are quite resistant to water intrusion; however, they are still subject to the laws of physics which is why condensation develops in response to extreme temperature swings. That makes sense. Good to know there is not an inherent design problem. I can adjust my behavior to account for physics. Thank you everyone.
    WES51 and Dxnnis like this.
    DW9052, G9000

I’ve got a couple of 9400s and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I’ve got a couple of 9400s and had no problems.
    Thank you.
    DW9052, G9000

Quote Originally Posted by Tater2018 View Post
    Hello. I've read some reviews of both the Mudman 9300 and Rangeman 9400 in which claims are made that there is water intrusion or condensation in these watch at a higher rate than other G shocks. Has anyone heard of or experienced this phenomena? If there is truth to this, what could be causing it; maybe the sensors? Maybe people are working the buttons while submerged? Or, maybe this is untrue. I'm thinking about a Rangeman 9400-1, so any info will be of aid. Thanks.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/up.gif[/IMG]
    I think it's about the amount of SPACE in the Rangeman GW-9400 you can find within the case. Plenty of room for air pockets. Unless Thailand manufacturing vacuum seals the Rangeman upon encasement it's very possible to make that air turn into condensation given some external environment conditions.

Just be mindful of the big temperature shifts. Watch will take a beating, but it's not infallible. I still swim with my Rangeman despite of what happened before. I still push buttons underwater with no problems.

And now I'm into hydro modding I'm thinking of blessing it with more water and condensation resistance...
    kenls and Dxnnis like this.

Thread Information