Wave ceptor technology
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Wave ceptor technology

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wave ceptor technology

Both of these watches linked up with the Mother Ship at 12:04 AM, and almost 18 hours later they are still exactly the same, and they are dead on with time.gov. In my not so humble opinion you have to be impressed with the technology that Casio is able to cram into watches that cost $100 or less.

JohnQFord, Mike K, Rocat and 6 others like this.
    Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

Re: Wave ceptor technology

18 hours is no test.
    Switch the RC off on one of them and measure the drift after 7 days. Then alternate to try the other one for a better (or not) appreciation of accuracy.
    Down in the park with a friend called five

Like most quartz watches, G-Shocks are actually pretty accurate for time keeping. I don't get radio reception here in Australia, I did a sync 18 days ago on my Gs, and they are all within -1 to +5 seconds off after 18 days

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Yes, the TIMEPIECE functionality is perfect.
    Hard to tell where to go from there.

So Casio is doing color versions and additional features to keep us hooked!
    samael_6978 likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierTrooper View Post
    Both of these watches linked up with the Mother Ship at 12:04 AM, and almost 18 hours later they are still exactly the same, and they are dead on with time.gov. In my not so humble opinion you have to be impressed with the technology that Casio is able to cram into watches that cost $100 or less.
    Why being impressed? Atomic timekeeping is actual a very dumb thing, any 5 bucks watch with a quartz movement and a (atomic) receiver can do it. It's a nice to have feature but personally I'm far more impressed with mechanical analog movements which run in a +/- 2 secs per day spec or for that matter with a quartz watch that just keeps perfectly time without any "help from outside".

cheers
    Ash1979 likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Awww cal, ya just had to rain on this guys parade didn't ya?
    Let him be impressed will ya please. It's an awesome feature - the atomic sync!
    It is so convenient and reassuring to know that when you look at your watch it is right on the exact right time always!
    Well, as long as it syncs.
    Let's not forget how things were in the world of watches before Casio started making digital watches and G's.

I'm impressed with atomic time keeping and how it's incorporated into such a durable and tough watch.

Heck, I'm still impressed with G-Shocks in general and how affordable they are for how well the serve their owners.
    Still very thankful they dreamed a dream and made it happen are still selling them.
    I still remember pre-Casio days when watches were frail and not very accurate.
    And personally I'm not impressed at all with analog movements and their accuracy.
    Not as tough as digital by nature and so not on my radar since the '80s.
    Each to is own and that is what makes this forum so awesome.
    I truly hope you and every one reading has a great and safe day!
    Enjoy your G! Analogue or digital.
    SUA SPONTE

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Why being impressed? Atomic timekeeping is actual a very dumb thing, any 5 bucks watch with a quartz movement and a (atomic) receiver can do it. It's a nice to have feature but personally I'm far more impressed with mechanical analog movements which run in a +/- 2 secs per day spec or for that matter with a quartz watch that just keeps perfectly time without any "help from outside".

cheers
    He's impressed with it, he thinks it's great. You think mechanical movements are impressive? I don't. I think they're very dumb. It's not very nice to mix your personal preference with a statement of fact like "actual a very dumb thing."

Chill.
    G-Shocks:
    DW-5000-1JF (w/ 5030 display) <-Daily Wearer
    GW-5000-1JF |DW-5600E | DW-5000-1JF (x2) <-Ya know...for backup...
    DW-5030 | DW-5000SL (x2) | DW-6900...something.

Got Square!?

I'm a veteran of message boards and know there are some "grumpier" personalities on every one, been accused of it myself a time or two. I like automatic watches as well, actually more than quartz. Right now I'm wearing an Invicta 8926 (gasp!) that is remarkably accurate and very easy to precisely set the time since it can be hacked. And I know that 18 hours isn't enough to measure a watch's long term accuracy, my point is that I just think it's cool that Casio can offer inexpensive watches that can consistently adjust the time to be as accurate as they are by connecting to the atomic clock signal

Then again, a lot of technology has changed in the last few years which I also find fascinating. I am old enough to remember getting my first VCR and programming each channel so that it would record properly. Now, I just set back and hit a couple buttons on the remote and AT&T U-Verse records show after show.
    Last edited by HoosierTrooper; July 14th, 2015 at 16:57.
    sticktodrum, Nemo, Crater and 1 others like this.
    Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    ...any 5 bucks watch with a quartz movement and a (atomic) receiver can do it.
    More like "any five dollar watch with those parts COULD do it," but how many manufacturers actually build them? Casio does, at the previously mentioned sub-hundred-dollar price point, Citizen does but their atomic watches aren't quite as affordable, and a quick Google search turns up a few other smaller brands like "Atomix" but the watch descriptions don't even mention water resistance and I doubt they'd survive a 10 meter drop. It looks as though Timex made a couple of "radio controlled" watches in the past, but they weren't as water resistant as Casio's and they're no longer widely available.

Casio manages to include the atomic reception in watches that cost less than $50, and atomic/solar in water resistant and shockproof cases in watches that sell for less than $100, and I also think that's pretty cool!

Some of the atomic watches in my collection DO drift one way or another, and I've written before about how I've chosen to be amused by it, rather than annoyed at the lack of perfection. (I leave the hourly chimes on most of my solar/atomics "on" and it's fun to hear them all beep in unison at 2 or 3 AM. By noon, that "double beep" has become a triple beep as one or two watches gain or lose a fraction of a second, by evening it's a quadruple beep, and then they all synch again at midnight!) If I lived someplace where the radio reception wasn't as good, I might not be as impressed, but I also probably wouldn't have a dozen atomic watches, either!

Just received a M5610 that hasn't been synced since 27th of January. Runs 25 seconds fast.

For a watch that isn't made to be precise (as it usually sync daily) that is mighty impressive.
    HoosierTrooper likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information