Waveceptor

Thread: Waveceptor

Waveceptor

I'm curious if anyone has any luck in a long lifespan with the traditional battery (non-solar) Waveceptor models. I bought one when they first came out and the battery only lasted a year. (It was supposed to last 2 years). I never even used the watch. It seems like it would have lasted even less than that if I had ever used the alarm or light.

Now, I wouldn't even think of buying one that was not solar powered. I'm even a little hesitant to use the daily signal-receiver. Although I know that a lot of you have had good luck with the solar/atomic on daily signal use.

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

Re: Waveceptor

It may be that your watch sat in inventory at the store for a year before you got it. The battery in my first Casio didn't last very long either and I just chalked it up to shelf time.
    Mr. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    It may be that your watch sat in inventory at the store for a year before you got it. The battery in my first Casio didn't last very long either and I just chalked it up to shelf time.
    Possibly, but I think it has more to do with the waveceptor feature being such a power hog. Even the basic G-Shocks like DW5600 would last 10 years if the alarm or light were never used, and it only has a 3 year promised battery life.

Thanks.
    ShockMister

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you are right, ShockWave, Wavecepters spend a lot of time searching for signal and staying in sync. Cell phones will also kill the battery, by constantly
    searching, when in a non coverage area. The shelf time on the origional battery
    is very relevant as well. Regards, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by loco larry View Post
    I think you are right, ShockWave, Wavecepters spend a lot of time searching for signal and staying in sync. Cell phones will also kill the battery, by constantly
    searching, when in a non coverage area. The shelf time on the origional battery
    is very relevant as well. Regards, Larry
    Yes. The shelf-life on a waveceptor is probably very significant.

I wish they would create a lower-power setting, such as only doing a signal search every 3rd night, rather than nightly.

Thanks.
    ShockMister

Quote Originally Posted by ShockMister View Post
    Yes. The shelf-life on a waveceptor is probably very significant.

I wish they would create a lower-power setting, such as only doing a signal search every 3rd night, rather than nightly.

Thanks.
    Absolutely, The interval should be variable. LL

Thread Information