Wavering between high/medium on Tough Solar
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wavering between high/medium on Tough Solar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wavering between high/medium on Tough Solar

I have a Casio WS200 that arrived in the box Wednesday with a medium charge. It stayed that way all day Thursday until I drove home with my window open and it got up to High. But then Friday it was back to medium again.

Today I spent more time outside and it has stayed High all day so far.

What percentage do you think this charge would be. 50%? Higher or lower?

Thanks
    ShockMister

Re: Wavering between high/medium on Tough Solar

Way higher. I don't know the percentages, nor can I be bothered to do the maths to figure it out exactly, but I'd guess that high is anywhere from 80% upwards, if not higher. The Medium range is huge, I do know that much.

According to the charts on pages 3 and 4 of the manual [ http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw3197.pdf ], on Thursday evening and Friday the watch was right on the edge of charge levels 1 and 2. At that time, it needed approximately 9 more hours of direct sunlight to become fully charged, but we have no idea how much direct sun it got today.

Name:  percentage.png
Views: 439
Size:  34.2 KB

Before today's "time outside," you WERE "there" on the chart, which means the watch's battery was approximately 80% charged.
    shagam and Chrisek like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    According to the charts on pages 3 and 4 of the manual [ http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw3197.pdf ], on Thursday evening and Friday the watch was right on the edge of charge levels 1 and 2. At that time, it needed approximately 9 more hours of direct sunlight to become fully charged, but we have no idea how much direct sun it got today.

Name:  percentage.png
Views: 439
Size:  34.2 KB

Before today's "time outside," you WERE "there" on the chart, which means the watch's battery was approximately 80% charged.
    Very helpful, thanks. I am back to "M" again because I tested the backlight button (75 hits). It did get back to High for a short time as I was driving home late this afternoon, but it's back to M now.
    ShockMister

So, if the chart is just showing a degree of charge levels, then does that mean it was just a coincidence that the watch was charged at being so close to the medium/high border when it came in the box? Because I noticed it changing to High after wearing it outdoors for a only few minutes.
    ShockMister

Quote Originally Posted by ShockMister View Post
    So, if the chart is just showing a degree of charge levels, then does that mean it was just a coincidence that the watch was charged at being so close to the medium/high border when it came in the box? Because I noticed it changing to High after wearing it outdoors for a only few minutes.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 12.45.04.png
Views: 272
Size:  19.0 KB

Used to have a white G-6900.

When I first got it, it was on medium. I tried wearing it the whole day, it went on high but as soon as I got home in the evening, it was back to medium.

I grabbed a small basin filled with water, soaked my watch in there and took it out under the sun from lunch time to late afternoon. (approx 5 hours. water acts as coolant for the watch under the sun.) Never gone to medium since then. If it does, I just do the basin+water technique.

Try it...
    Mike K and EXCALIBUR1 like this.
    フゥ~!

Partly coincidence, and partly the "false reading" that the manual shows in computer_freak's post.

There's no way to tell WHAT charge level a watch will be when someone opens the box. Presumably, they're all on "High" (and close to "full") when Casio ships them out, but then who knows how long the watch will just sit in the box at the retailer's warehouse(s) and/or store. The longer the watch sits in the dark box, the lower the level will be when it's opened.

Just put the watch in the sun until it's on "high," then leave it there for the correct number of hours to get it all the way to "fully charged," then wear it and forget it. If you wear the watch outdoors enough, you'll never see it drop to "medium" again. If you don't wear it outdoors enough, you'll have to leave it outside again on a sunny day in six or eight months.

I wore it yesterday morning on a semi-shaded wooded trail (for about an hour) and it's been good ever since. I don't think I will "test" the light again anytime soon.
    ShockMister

Very helpful, thanks. I am back to "M" again because I tested the backlight button (75 hits). It did get back to High for a short time as I was driving home late this afternoon, but it's back to M now.
    LMAO...wait...you hit the backlight button 75 times?? WHY?? Just as an FYI, that really sucks the juice out of the battery...
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information