Way O.T. !!!

Thread: Way O.T. !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Way O.T. !!!

As some of you may know, my main love is collecting the hand made Campanola series of Watches by Citizen. Every year they introduce a Limited piece at the Basel Fair.

This Watch was previewed at Basel 2007, and ships on Sept 5th. I should have mine by 9/9.

'G' 's have become of recent interest, and I'm having great fun with them. I have been collecting the Campanola's however since Citizen introduced them around 1999/2000.

They are hand made in a totally seperate facility built just for Campanola. The cases and crystals are hand made in France, the movements hand assembled and developed for the Campanola collection. All hands, indices and markers are electroformed.

Many of the dials (this is one) are done in a centuries old Japanese technique of lacquering referred to as Aizu. They have contracted with one Artist, Tetsuo Gido, to produce all of the lacquer dials in his rural studio in Japan. Aizu mixes many different material such as Gold, Seashells, etc. into the lacquer to achieve the desired result.

The subdials on this Watch are all Mother of Pearl.

To me, they are like nothing else and after all these years, still far exceed my expectations. I hope you enjoy the picture. I'll post better one's after mine arrives.

Kurt

Re: Way O.T. !!!

That is a very nice looking watch!
    Chris
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Very nice. I've seen them often in magazines in Japan.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh my, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

WOW......................
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

I had the opportunity to view your collection of Campanolas in the August 07 WatchTime. Fabulous collection, the craftsmanship and detail hand worked into the dials by Tetso Gido is a story in itself. Anybody interested in learning more about these handcrafted works of art, I highly recommend getting a copy of WatchTime, its an amazing story.

Look forward to seeing more pictures

Japans artistry and history with lacquer work is unmatched by any other nation.

The Capanolas with lacquered dials are true works of art and a big step up from the dials of PP and other high-end Swisss watch makers imo.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Behm View Post
    As some of you may know, my main love is collecting the hand made Campanola series of Watches by Citizen. Every year they introduce a Limited piece at the Basel Fair.

This Watch was previewed at Basel 2007, and ships on Sept 5th. I should have mine by 9/9.

'G' 's have become of recent interest, and I'm having great fun with them. I have been collecting the Campanola's however since Citizen introduced them around 1999/2000.

They are hand made in a totally seperate facility built just for Campanola. The cases and crystals are hand made in France, the movements hand assembled and developed for the Campanola collection. All hands, indices and markers are electroformed.

Many of the dials (this is one) are done in a centuries old Japanese technique of lacquering referred to as Aizu. They have contracted with one Artist, Tetsuo Gido, to produce all of the lacquer dials in his rural studio in Japan. Aizu mixes many different material such as Gold, Seashells, etc. into the lacquer to achieve the desired result.

The subdials on this Watch are all Mother of Pearl.

To me, they are like nothing else and after all these years, still far exceed my expectations. I hope you enjoy the picture. I'll post better one's after mine arrives.

Kurt

ooooooohhhh!!!!!

That is one beautiful work of art.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Very nice! My Citizen Moonphase Calibre 8651 is one of my favorites and probably one of the nicest I own. An awesome value for the fit and finish that these watches represent.
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    That is one beautiful work of art.
    Agreed. Definitely a piece of art.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information